HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   $2100??? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28169)

Shell 05-14-2007 09:40 AM

Joy-

Brenda's advice sounded right on, and I hope you get the answers and reduced costs as a result. I am like Sheila, in that I'm very grateful my husband's insurance - it covers all but my co-pay of $19/month for tykerb.

Stay postive and focused, and I'm sure things will work out for you.

Kind regards,

Sheila 05-14-2007 03:49 PM

Odette

I won't know if the onc. will keep me on the Xeloda yet, I will find out next Monday when I go for my Herceptin...this is my week off and my feet are really hurting. I don't seem to be havig a good response to the Xeloda this time, but I haven't taken 6 cycles yet...if she changes me, I will send you my "stash."w

Odette 05-16-2007 11:30 AM

The Saga Continues

Yesterday my nurse calls: my oncologist got a fax that Anthem is going to cover my Xeloda. Yess, it is in writing now.

This morning at CVS to fill my prescription, I inquire what is my copay?
So the lovely pharmacist calls the special line reserved for pharmacies, they put her on hold, then hang up on her then the answer comes: my copay is 100% = $1250 for two weeks of Xeloda.

The reason they gave her is that it is a brand name; my coverage is good only for generic.

Crazy, I was so upset I forgot to get the other things I wanted at CVS, then went to the grocery store then drove home w/o my groceries.

I guess I should not take it personally. I think I'll drive to Canada over the weekend and get it there; it is only about $ 900 according to my research.

My only consolation is all of you gals, following and sympathizing and the letter that I'll write to the insurance company.

Love and hugs,

Odette

Odette 05-16-2007 11:50 AM

Oh Sheila,

I'm so sorry to hear that your feet are hurting so much, you would probably like to be off the X.
This insurance business makes me feel like I stepped into Franz Kafka's novel The Trial. I hope things work out well for you either with or without the Xeloda.

Please just e-mail me if you really do not need the rest of your X pills.

My prayers and good wishes are going your way,

Odette

vickie h 06-01-2007 01:52 PM

Tykerb Cares program

Joy, I called Tykerb Cares when My insurance refused to get me to a specialty pharmacy and pay for the Tykerb. I called 866-489-5372 and they were absolutely wonderful. They worked everyday for 2 weeks to get me the medication and my co pay ended up at 20 dollars a month, this was after my insurance refused to pay for it! Keep calling your insurance, but I would trust that the Tykerb Cares program will do most of the work for you. They were relentless in getting me mine. Much love and luck to you, Vickie