HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Who's ready for some good news...?!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58461)

Emy 06-28-2013 09:30 PM

Re: Who's ready for some good news...?!!

I am so happy for you...You are my inspiration.....
Eileen

caya 06-28-2013 09:31 PM

Mazel Tov Andi on your excellent news!

all the best
caya

Ellie F 06-29-2013 02:23 AM

Thanks Andi for the birthday wishes! So very pleased with your news x

Ellie

Paula O 06-29-2013 06:48 AM

Hooray! What wonderful news, I'm very happy for ya.

Paula

Jackie07 06-29-2013 08:01 AM

I am! (ready for some good news... :)

So happy for you, Andy. Your honest sharing (of your emotion/resolve/optimism...) helps us all to honestly face the reality and ourselves.

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-29-2013 08:51 AM

I think we all could use some HAPPY news...!!!

Thanks for chiming in, Jackie.

Your words -- about my "honest sharing --
(of your emotion/resolve/optimism...) helps us all to honestly face the reality and ourselves".
Your words touch my heart.

We each must share! We aren't whining. We're reporting. To hopefully guide and inspire others with their reality.

Does anyone here get spacey or dizzy when a pillow pressures on the back of their skull?

I have 4 pillows on my bed I am always rearranging, propping, poofing. I thought I was working at getting support for my neck -- so my left arm (where they removed 21 nodes) doesn't feel painful. Yes, I still get that pain but only when I lie down.

Hmmm...

In recovery I was propped up on a pillow, kind of sitting up, and feeling dizzy and nauseous. The nausea nurse Jayne immediately took care of. Shot some Zofran into my IV. Couldn't do anything for the dizzy...

I saw others patients recovering, getting up slowly, walking hesitantly, headed for the bathroom to pee (a must before being released). I could not move. An hour went by. Other patients were leaving. Jayne stayed with me solidly, talking, making notes. I was saying, I'm never going to get out of here.

Then I moved the pillow down, and relieved the pressure on back of my skull unwittingly and it hit me -- that's what's causing the dizziness! Jayne looked up. Came from the end of the bed to my side. We chatted, and she said, I have the same problem! Kind of a revelation to her too. Really? Yes! Does everyone have that problem? I don't know.

We thought. She said, That's why everyone is always buying a new pillow and throwing pillows away. Trying to find the "right" pillow. We said, the back of skull is a pressure point. I said, You mean it's a positional thing. I thought I liked supporting my neck (even use an airplane semi circle pillow in bed) -- but what it's doing is relieving pressure on the back of my skull.

Soon, I was able to dangle, then to touch the floor with my socked feet and shuffle to the bathroom, w/Jayne helping me so kindly and caringly.

Just something to think about.

Do you have an issue anyone w/feeling spacey or out of it from pressure on the back of your skull? I didn't realize I do till Thursday! And neither did Jayne!

Cat 06-29-2013 08:51 AM

Andi,
So happy for you! Enjoy the weekend.

Cathy

SusanN 06-29-2013 10:23 PM

Wonderful news Andi...God is so Faithful!!!!

Pray 06-30-2013 11:45 PM

What a wonderful spirit you have. Gods blessings are all around you

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-03-2013 03:15 PM

Okay, I went a whole day without napping or lying down! Still some belly pain @ 1 of the punctures. The other 2 sites are happy.

I'm still in a nightgown, without my game face on, but I am getting better! Moving almost normally. Well, let's not get carried away.

Abdominal surgery, apparently including laparoscopic is an ordeal.

I just keep reminding myself of the good news part of this story! And I look up and say, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Denise, I hope you are still hanging tough. I know you will be good at the end of the tunnel. Weaning is a B*%ch... Even for 1 day...

Prayers all day for Karen. Today is ablation day...

Congrats to all who are super Survivors! Tricia, Mary Jo... and anyone I am not remembering.

Oh, brain not all there yet post anesthesia and blood sugar crash followed by super highhhhhh.... Still confused in there, but coming along. Look -- I can still type!!

Love to all, every one of you,

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b00001c91/06

Jean 07-03-2013 08:55 PM

Dear Andi,
I am a little behind - but you are always in my prayers.
(but I think you already know that). I am not surprised
at all to read your delightful post! I delight in your joy, strength and love.

I had to smile reading about the pups, who knows us best but our fur children?

Rest and heal dear heart.
Hugs,
Jean

KsGal 07-04-2013 02:53 AM

Im sorry Im late to congratulate you on the awesome, wonderful news! I am so happy for you, and I celebrate right along with you. You are such an inspiration, and your posts have helped me so much. I always believed that "thoughts are things" and what you put out there is what you get, but sometimes its hard to keep all the thoughts positive and be absolutely certain in what you believe. Those little negative thoughts creep in no matter how hard I try sometimes. Reading your posts and your threads always reassures me, makes me get back on the positive track and helps me put a smile on my face. All in all, you help me keep the faith, so thank you so much. Im sending lots of positive energy and prayers your way...