HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CURED as of June 1st!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58135)

Lani 05-21-2013 02:07 PM

Re: CURED as of June 1st!!

Please see my posted new thread to NED Denise

Lani

Laurel 05-21-2013 07:31 PM

Hey, that's the ultimate "p*ss-off, " isn't it? Take the cash and then live to be 100! Ha! Serves them right!

BonnieR 05-22-2013 10:23 PM

I notice one of the dates you mentioned was April 1st. That could explain a lot!
Keep the faith

Mtngrl 05-24-2013 12:44 AM

Denise,

I love you and your wicked, brilliant sense of humor.

Go get 'em, Tiger!

NEDenise 05-24-2013 11:35 AM

Okay...
So now I have officially been approved to continue to be terminally ill...and disabled...beyond June 1st. BUT...only by the disability department of the insurance company.

We are still in negotiation with the life insurance department...as to whether I am "terminal enough" to qualify for early payment. Thank God the same doctor who fought for my Avastin is the one who's going to bat with these clowns!

Stay tuned! :)
Denise

BonnieR 05-24-2013 11:53 AM

Waiting for the sound of the other shoe dropping!
Keep the faith

mamacze 05-24-2013 07:45 PM

LOVE that you come out swinging...just warms my heart.
XO
Kim (from CT)

CoolBreeze 05-24-2013 08:51 PM

Your note was hilarious! But I had Reliance Standard and never had an issue. My doctor put down that I had a one year life expectancy, even though he probably thought I had more. (This was about a year ago and I'm still here). He's never given ME a number.

I didn't need to say it, but I was going to tell him if he didn't do that, he had better guarantee me that I'd live a year. I don't understand these doctors who take that paperwork so seriously.

And, in fact, I did get sepsis in the middle and was *this close* to dying. Any of us at Stage Iv could get an infection and die any time - nobody knows.

So maybe have your doctor fill out the papers again? I got my life insurance money. I don't think I qualify for any disability through them though; maybe I should check. I am on SSDI now.

I also have to say that my insurance company has been incredible. They have approved every single thing, even unconventional things for breast cancer. I've had a liver resection, now SBRT, drugs not normally used for my disease - they are amazing.

Sorry, I didn't read every comment so I may be off-topic by now, but I did want to suggest you run this through your doctor again. Also, I keep copies of all my path reports and scans so I sent them all to them with the application - about an inch worth . LOL. I got the check 2 weeks later. :)

StephN 05-24-2013 10:01 PM

Well - I am waiting for the crack of that bat and the ball landing far out in the upper deck. And a big fat check coming in your mail box!

NEDenise 05-25-2013 07:21 AM

Hi Ann -
The disability ins and the life ins are two separate policies. I don't pay the premiums for either one, my employers do. I think that may have been part of the issue...they get paid even if they don't help me.

The disability issue is already taken care of...no worries. The life part will undoubtedly be resolved soon. As you pointed out..terminal is terminal. Period. The law is firmly on my side... And, of course...the number on the form has NOTHING to do with my actual life expectancy! Tough cases like you and me have our own plans! :)

The contrast between this company and my health ins. co is like night and day. Independence Blue Cross has been amazing!! Wouldn't trade them for anything!

Best of everything on the 7th! (just read your plan on another thread!)
Denise

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-25-2013 12:31 PM

Ah yes, the insurance company follies.

The fools will come around -- eventually. Their plan is the wear you down. Till you give up. But that is so not YOU. Or ME. We hang tough. We laugh it off.

And then proceed eagerly to -- the appeal process. Familiar to us all. A necessary part of wellness I suppose. Keep smiling, NED.

Making a note -- Reliance Standard -- what an ironic name! Avoid at all cost!

They seem to have no idea who they're messing with here.

Andi

fauxgypsy 05-29-2013 05:35 PM

Insurance companies playing God as usual. Bless your sense of humor.