HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Clinical Trials (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Crossing My Fingers On Mcc- Dm1 Study (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32732)

chrisy 04-24-2008 03:07 PM

Ky home and Lily,

StephN had had Navelbine + Herceptin for her extensive liver mets, the combo completely cleared them! So the Navelbine is a good drug.

runtolive 04-24-2008 07:39 PM

hey chrisy... how you been doing... i guess you are on your 4th or 5th.. treatment..
hope all is well

run to live

Mykentuckyhome 04-25-2008 01:47 PM

Thanks for the info crisy, Ill private message her for some other questions I have.

runtolive 06-10-2008 06:50 AM

how you been doing.. ky home.. long time no hear from you..

run

Mykentuckyhome 06-10-2008 07:07 PM

hanging in there

Runtolive, thanks for asking. I have been on navelbine & hercepton since feb. and my scans are next week. I have been feeling great and never lost my hair. hooray! The combo has been easy except for some minor gi problems. Im hoping for those new mets to be blasted out.

chrisy 06-10-2008 08:52 PM

Feeling great is a good sign! Hope your scans show you're getting the results you want.

Glad to hear you are doing well.

MPB 06-16-2008 07:03 PM

Mcd-!

Hi Chrissy and Lily,

Just wanted to check in and tell you too not give up! The trail has given me NED for the first time in 4 years I am still in shock. Even had to get a copy of the scan to see it in writing. I am so happy to know that the Doctor's are still looking for a cure and that WOMEN like us are willing to give it a try. Thank you for being warrior's as I .

hugs and blessings.

Marsha

chrisy 06-17-2008 06:27 PM

Marsha,
Thanks for posting your encouraging words. I've been fighting to stay in this trial and I really needed to hear how well you've done on it. I have tests Friday, so am ramping up the scanxiety...your post helped me a lot!

Mykentuckyhome 06-19-2008 07:36 PM

If at first you dont succeed try, try again. I was so bummed with my first scans on the dmi study cause after the results came back I was out into the world of the unknown again. My scans came back after 9 weeks on navelbine and herceptin. They turned out excellent as 2 big spots on my liver were reduced by more than half, other spots vanished. I congradulate barb on her ned which we are all striving for. I also want others to know that even if one fails there is something else out there waiting to help you, so never, never give up.

chrisy 06-19-2008 08:01 PM

Great news!

StephN 06-20-2008 03:04 AM

Dear Kentucky -
I have been following all you brave souls who are out there in clinical trial land. What a joy to hear that you are doing well on the Navelbine/Herceptin combo.

Actually, I had those two drugs along with TAXOL. That was a tougher combo and naturally my hair went. Taxol is pretty stiff stuff, but it is generally synergistic with Herceptin.

These three drugs made it a 3-pronged attack on the cancer cells, with each working a little differently to kill the cells.

Sometimes the older drugs do the trick. May your next set of scans show even more damage to the cancer.

Mykentuckyhome 06-20-2008 06:52 AM

Thanks

Steph thanks for that post cause we all can use the encouragement. Chrissy are you back on track yet with your study? I hope so as I know you were doing so well. I know that if another study came up to help I would try again.