HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My News (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62576)

BonnieR 01-30-2015 10:49 PM

Re: My News

When I saw "my news" my heart sank a little! So relieved to hear what joyful news it is!!
As others have said, you fought and powered on giving everyone hope who was watching your journey
I always say Keep the Faith because sometimes that's all we have while waiting for the miracle

sarah 01-31-2015 06:07 AM

Ann, this is wonderful news. You've been through so much.
hugs
sarah

Pamelamary 01-31-2015 09:49 PM

Great news Ann!

thinkpositive 02-01-2015 03:38 PM

I'm so happy for you. I love what you said about never giving up the things that your love. It is so true. Hoping many more years of NED for you!

michka 02-02-2015 04:14 AM

Ann, thank you for posting. We like this kind of news! I am so happy for you. I am also happy to read that Perjeta can be a very good treatment.

Emy 02-02-2015 11:39 AM

So happy for you...I have been on herceptin and perjeta very 3 weeks too for 2 years...currently. Ned....also weekly taxol...

CoolBreeze 02-02-2015 04:20 PM

I credit perjeta with saving my life. I'm not on it with a chemo either. My doctor threw a hail mary pass and landed it! They have not studied it without a chemo and it's still only recommended for first or second line therapy for metsters I was 7th line, lol! Yet my marrow was not recovering and I wasn't going to be able to do much more, and cancer was STILL only in one place so nobody wanted to give up. So perjeta/herceptin it is, and it did the trick. I have been NED for 7 months now, and I just have complete faith that I'm going to remain that way. I have a feeling that it's over you know?

Now we have to decided, how long do I stay on treatment? I know there are a couple others out there like me, who got perjeta without a chemo but none have been studied.. Nobody knows what to do with us, how long we should be on treatment, and it's all hush hush as my insurance company may not approve it if they look and realize how I'm being given it! :)

I wish I was being studied though so we'd have that data for other patients.

Laurel 02-02-2015 05:51 PM

Oh Ann! Such wonderful news!

Pray 02-06-2015 10:39 AM

So happy to see your post! You have been my role model all along and to so many. Priceless! Gods blessings to you and your family.

Jean 02-06-2015 08:31 PM

Dear Ann,
Miracles and good medicine do happen.
So very very excited and happy to read your posts.
You are an inspiration to all.
Keep that beautiful smile going.
Sending you happy hugs.
Jean

Shobha 02-13-2015 09:14 AM

Thank you so much for sharing! Your Journey is so uplifting and fills us all with hope!

Mtngrl 02-13-2015 12:12 PM

Dear Ann,

I'm so happy for you! And I deeply appreciate you sharing your story with the specific intention of giving hope to other people with metastatic breast cancer.

Thank you, also, for acknowledging that sometimes it becomes necessary to give up. Cancer is a mystery and so, to a large extent, is the question of who lives (and how long) and who dies. The woman who runs my in-person support group says she's seen people who "should" make it die, and the opposite--people whose situation seems really grim who get more time than anyone thought they would.

I'm so glad for you that you're able to think and plan and hope for more lovely days and beautiful experiences. You should know, though, that you've already made a brilliant, valuable contribution to society through your blog and your participation in this community. You are an influential and inspiring person.

CoolBreeze 03-30-2015 01:43 AM

Wow, I didn't read the last post until now. Thank you so much. I've been in bed with a headache most of today and feeling crabby and decided to check in on you all. I'm so delighted and flattered to read those words. I try to help and educate, but it's a pretty hard to break through the mainstream idea of breast cancer.

When I feel like giving up, I'll remember those words. *hugs*.

Dakini52 03-30-2015 10:43 AM

Wow, I had no idea you had been through so much. You are a real testimonial for Perjeta. I wish you many, many more years of health and happiness. You are an inspiration to us all.

Dakini52 03-30-2015 11:02 AM

Found the link to your blog and to Facebook. I have really enjoyed exploring both. Thank you.