HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on our Dear Kate (Tousled 1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33801)

Becca 05-01-2008 08:28 AM

Yes, dear sister Kate, stay strong. I am praying for her along with so many others here. May the God of all comfort keep her safe now and always. We love you Kate.

Soccermom 05-01-2008 08:29 AM

Prayers from me as well for Kate. WHERE IS OUR CURE?????

PinkGirl 05-01-2008 09:22 AM

Kate's silence has been worrying me.
Thank you Kavy for letting us all know.

Kate the Great - I wish for you an ease for decision making
and that you be filled with strength, peace and comfort.
xoxoxo

Joan M 05-01-2008 10:03 AM

Kavvy,

Thanks for letting us know what's happening with Kate. It's very sad and I'm praying for her to regain her strength and to recover. Please tell her she's really missed and I very much appreciated her responding to my PMs for some info the last time she was home from the hospital.

Joan

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-01-2008 10:37 AM

No. No. No!!!

I have been worried about Kate since her pneumonia last December. With each hospitalization, I fretted and prayed extra hard. And then, her silence. No posts after returning from the hospital this last time. Just the one saying she was home, tired and going for a nap. Then, no responses to my emails, which are always promptly responded to. Thank you so very much Karla, for letting us know Kate's status. I can only imagine how it pains you to share such distressing news.

Never have I heard from Kate without her saying that she is feeling much better with each passing day. That she is feeling good about her next tx; that it will prove to do the trick. Kate often said to me that she remains positive. That, after all, doing that takes much less energy than to stress out and be negative. Her unrelenting Spirit, the strength of her will to live (despite it all), her caring and loving kindness have graced this board and all our lives for so long. Who could not admire this remarkable woman?! Kate is our Warrior Queen! She glows with radiance.

KATIE, PLEASE KNOW THAT MY ARMS AND MY PRAYERS ARE AROUND YOU... I will continue to carry you in my thoughts and in my heart. You are so very special, my friend. I know if anyone can pull through this crisis, you sweet Sister will. I treasure our communications. I have learned much from you, Katie. You have been an extraordinary role model! You are indelibly etched into my Soul.
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/celebrte/heart

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-01-2008 10:44 AM

Karla,

I have tried to PM you but the site and I seem to be having issues. I keep logging in, I am thanked, I try to PM you and it asks me to log in. Around and around I have been going.

So, please, Karla, won't you PM me Kate's address. I would love to send her a card. I would love to call her. But surely I understand she is weak and perhaps not up to phone contact.

Thanks for being such a good friend!

Andi

Sheila 05-01-2008 11:04 AM

I too had a bad feeling when Kate has not posted since coming home...I spoke with her a few weeks ago and she has such an Irish strength in her...just one more reason we love her so.
Kate, you remain in my prayers everyday for "your" miracle....I send you a soft hug, much love and peace. Know that you are in my heart.

ElaineM 05-01-2008 11:10 AM

Kate

I am sorry to hear about Kate. She is in my thoughts. I hope she can recover enough to at least take some Herceptin.

Patty F 05-01-2008 11:11 AM

I was shocked and saddened to read the news about Kate. Keep fighting sister. You are STILL in my prayers. Praying for a miracle. Love you Kate.

Believe51 05-01-2008 11:33 AM

Thanks For The Update

I just cannot believe this is happening! Thank you so much for the update on our Dear Warrior. Thoughts and prayers have filtered through my mind for so long, but especially now!! My heart hurts so bad knowing what this Angel has been through. A candle is lit and those prayers continue. I love you Kate....and you too Karla for being such a great friend to her and to us.>>Believe51

schoolteacher 05-01-2008 11:51 AM

Kate,

I am praying for you.

Amelia

Jean 05-01-2008 12:21 PM

I was extremely saddened to hear this updated news.
Kate is such a fighter and I am praying that her strong determination
will help her recovery. I will continue to keep our dear Kate in my prayers throughout the day, she is so special to all of us.

Thank you Karla for keeping us informed. Please tell Kate we are sending her much love and healing energy.

Jean

Joy 05-01-2008 12:24 PM

with trembling chin

and wet eyes I am hoding Kate in a healing bubble of white light. Thank you for the update.

chrisy 05-01-2008 12:31 PM

me too. Words fail me. prayers never do, even when we don't understand.

belle 05-01-2008 01:48 PM

My prayers that God finds a way to recover and give strength to Dear Kate. It's not over yet, Kate, you are in our prayers for recovery!
Love,
belle

kcherub 05-01-2008 02:18 PM

I am just reading this thread, but have been thinking of Kate. She lives not too very far from me, so I am sending out GREAT, BIG promising prayers to her and hope they go on a straight path to her.

Please keep us updated as much as you can...

Take care,

Jeanette 05-01-2008 02:31 PM

Kate

Holding you in my Prayers Kate. Will light a candle for you too, Hugs and Blessings , Jeanette

Paty 05-01-2008 03:51 PM

I felt so bad reading the news on dear Kate. She is in my prayers. Please send her my love and tell her she must keep struggling, we all need her.

Paty

hutchibk 05-01-2008 05:35 PM

Words fail me too. My heart is heavy for our remarkable friend. I pray for the Lord to carry her through this health crisis.

Irish blessing for our dear Kate:

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

Ruth 05-01-2008 06:51 PM

My heart breaks with this sad news. I worried when I didn't see her posts and the news of her lungs and hospital visits concerned me so much.

We hold her so dear to our hearts and prayers are sent.

Please find a cure to this disease!

Ruth