PDA

View Full Version : 1st chemo done...5 more to go !!

Gaver
12-04-2012, 06:51 AM
hello everyone !!

its been a busy few days....

Mom had her 1st chemo on the 16th of November...TCH ... she did fine except fr a slight change in her taste buds,back pain due to the GCSF injections (which stopped immediately after painkillers) and diarrhea.The diarrhea was the only problem and lasted around eight days though it wasn't severe at all(about 2 -3 watery ones).She has a temp of around 99 F just on the 1st day of loosies.

However,our oncologist i feel was being extra extra cautious and taking no chances.She first put her on antibiotic tablets Ciplox 500mg 1-0-1, which though reduced the motions,didnt stop them altogether.(She has had a normal temp throughout except for that 1st day,thank God).Then,our oncologist gave her antibiotic injections Monocef 2mg,and we also did a stool culture and blood culture.
They were all clear and the loosies have stopped since Thursday,the 29th of November.
Today when we visited our oncologist for mom s pre 2nd chemo cycle visit with a CBC,Dr Ghosh gave us an all clear to proceed...same pre chemo meds post chemo meds same round of GCSF injections...ditto to last time..except she has also added Levoflocaxin 500 mg tablets...these are antibiotics taking care of a vast range of bacterial infections..I guess this time she is taking care to see that the diarrhea does not occur at all !!

So,we all set for mom's 2nd chemo cycle on the 07th of Dec...

Praying and hoping all goes smooth for this one as well :)

conomyself
12-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you for posting the update, Gaver, I was thinking about her, wondering how she was doing. I hope the second one goes a little easier with everyone having a better idea what to expect!

Best wishes on the next treatment!

Rachael

Gaver
12-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanku Rachael for your encouragement...it becomes so much easier after getting all your support and help !!!!