PDA

View Full Version : Toxins In Fungi May Raise Future Breast Cancer Risk In Young Girls

News
11-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Estrogen exposure could significantly increase the risk of developing breast cancer later in life for girls who experience early puberty. Several results from studies have consistently shown that early onset of puberty increases the risk of breast cancer due to longer exposure to the hormone. Puberty is a period in a girl's life considered highly sensitive to stimulation by estrogen...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/237241.php)

norkdo
11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
For those with ER/Pr negative cancer: you could not possibly have gotten your breast cancer this way..................................

Please NEWS: will you lay off for awhile? You are causing terrible anxiety needlessly with these things without even warning the hormone negatives these things related to the reproductive events in their lives HAD NO BEARING ON THEIR GETTING BREAST CANCER AT ALL!!!

DISCRETION PLEASE! OR CAVEATS! STRESS CAUSES CANCER.

NanaJoni
11-07-2011, 01:41 PM
A caveat here.....while stress can certainly compromise our immune systems and harm overall well-being, from my own research and reading, I have never seen a study that concluded that stress alone is an actual cause of any cancer. I did realize during my treatments that I needed help to deal with fear and stress. Found a wonderful psychologist to work with for many months.

ElaineM
11-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I agree. Be careful what you post news !! You could be causing added stress to some people with some of these posts. I never ate fungi (mushrooms) as a child and I still got estrogen positive breast cancer. Besides certain mushrooms are supposed to be good for breast cancer patients.
There are other many things in the diet and in the environment that can contribute to breast cancer and/or increase estrogen levels in a person's body.

Unregistered
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
We are a indoor microbial testing company who have spent a lot of time and money showing any correlation with health issues and the occupied space. With out trying to cause any stress naturally, there is research which show certain fungal toxins ,called Mycotoxins are found in diseased tissue , currently we have a lab developing a Fungal DNA probe for a particular Penicillium sp- testing levels are low but this development and validation has found it in Cancerous Breast tissue but negative in non cancerous breast tissue which is odd as this fungal species produces Rubratoxin A -(a fungal toxin) and thats being documented to possibly having anti-cancer properties- research in this area has shown positives only for Ochratoxin A in breast Cancer tissue and possibly oxalic acid(also a fungal toxin)
There is a huge amount of work yet to determine what indoor environmental exposure levels may cause health concerns but its an area we think needs to be addressed, naturally the main area of funded research is where there is a return on the investment, hence funding comes from drug companies funding areas which will assist their growth.

Vince Neil
Mycotox
Australia
www.mycotox.com.au