PDA

View Full Version : Mammographic Surveillance Increases Breast Cancer Survival

News
09-29-2011, 02:11 AM
New research published in Health Technology Assessment 2011; vol. 15:34 has found that surveillance using mammography increases the survival chances of breast cancer patients. The research was funded by the National Institute for Health Research Health Technology Assessment (NIHR HTA) programme. Around 45,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK every year...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/235168.php)

norkdo
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
"What? Well of course I know it is Breast Cancer Indoctrination in Favour of Mammograms Month! What? Well of course I know we have to shovel all kinds of crap towards supporting mammograms and away from the actual machines that really do detect breast cancer! So let's get our writers started shovelling pro-mammogram articles out there. As you know, all the hospitals are stuck with useless dinosaurs called mammography units. These machines have used up ALL the money available for detecting breast cancer. Yes, I know, they don't work. True. The number of false negatives given by mammograms is ridiculously high. Yes, yes, you don't have to tell me that there are much much better machines for detecting breast cancer, especially dense breast tissue and fibrocystic tissue.
But here is the bottom line: it is called "money." There is no way hospitals all over the world can afford the correct machine ....there is a correct machine out there past the research stage...ready to detect cancer in breasts both fibrous and dense and "normal"...ya ya...whatever. Trillions and gazillions have already been paid, contracts are in place everywhere to keep updating the ultimately useless mammogram machine. So.

Here is your directive: I have been asked to produce 'research' to support these antiques. Can't sell em to other hospitals...everybody has enough of them already. So we gotta keep em. We got to get some research going that assures women out there that they are not as useless as they know them to be. we gotta get these ladies to LOVE mammograms as a means of 'saving their lives." With this NEW research we can relieve hospitals all over the world of the pressure they are currently under. this is the pressure created by all these women who are angry at the fact mammograms are unable to detect cancer in dense and fibrocystic breasts. At the high rate of false negatives for breast cancer delivered by mammograms. So: money is no object! Get that 'research' going!! We are gonna need it."