PDA

View Full Version : Organic living

Jackie07
06-02-2011, 03:04 PM
http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/organic_living/

DDT was routinely used in our home and neighborhood before its harmful effect was known and eventually was banned. I remember my parents would spray the small apartment and then took all of us out for a walk. At night, we slept with mosquito nets hanging around our bed.

Wondered how much pesticide has affected my life since (even before) birth...

ElaineM
06-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Good question. I believe a poor environment contributes to cancer and other health problems. While DDT can contribute to problems other environmental toxins both old and new might also contribute. Not enough is actually known about the effects of those things, but when I consider the possible effects over time I think there can be a link.
I try my best to live and eat as "green" as I can, but nobody is perfect, so I am sure there are still things in my environment that might not be so healthy.

JeanBeanie
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
DDT - we had it also - however, I am from a family of eight and I am the only person in the family with cancer and the youngest. I feel that it depends on your immune system when you are young. Immune system and just your chemicals in your body. I very much believe in organic or locally grown food from now on.

Jackie07
06-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Are you also the sixth child?

JeanBeanie
06-03-2011, 04:50 AM
No I am the last one..like my dad says - the baby of the family