PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin and Supplements

ElaineM
11-28-2010, 03:48 PM
There seems to be an ongoing discussion about Herceptin and supplements in the her2 section. I wonder if you have seen it Tanya and would like to comment on the content. I think a bit of imput from you on the subject might be a welcome addition to the discussion.

TanyaRD
11-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Thank you, Elaine. I don't look at the other sections very often. Although, when I do I am always inspired by all of you amazing women!

ElaineM
11-30-2010, 11:40 AM
We appreciate your imput Tanya no matter which section you post it in. Enjoy whatever holidays you celebrate in December and January.

TanyaRD
12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks, Elaine. I hope you have wonderful holidays too. It is looking like Christmas here in Michigan today-snow is falling =)

pibikay
12-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Hi All
I wonder whether I can post this in this thread or start another.
I was giving Hema "Mature Multi" supplement by Kirkland.Hema asked the onc on our last visit on Nov 30 about reducing the side effects of Xeloda Tykerb.After some discussion he advised to swith over to some other supplement which does not contain Folic acid or a leser percentage as it aggravates the side effects."Mature Multi" has 12% of Folic acid as per their own description of the contents
I will be happy to hear from you all on this.

TanyaRD
12-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Folic Acid amplifies the effect of xeloda/5FU thus amplifying the side effects of the drug making it much more difficult to tolerate. Many multivitamins have increased B-vitamins for one reason or another. It sounds like you have found one with a reasonable amount of folic acid. 12% is not excessive and I would not anticipate an exacerbation of symptoms from taking this multivitamin. Best wishes.