PDA

View Full Version : Power Of Homemade Lentil Soup For Diarrhea

KDR
10-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello, everyone,
I just wanted to offer a suggestion to end diarrhea to anyone who hasn't tried it: homemade lentil soup. I had one bout with the condition upon my loading dose and my MIL made me the soup with yellow lentils. It did the trick. I told another survivor how I did it, and she said the same thing had worked for her. I ended up researching this find...sure enough, it's been used for centuries to help supress diarrhea. No matter the color, just use lentils. Passing on a good thing,
Karen

ElaineM
10-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Oh Wow !! Interesting !! Can you post the recipe? Lentils have alot of good protein. Being a vegetarian I eat lentils several times a month, but I never knew they are good for diarrhea. I just like them.
Where are you on Long Island?

KDR
10-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Well, MIL cooks raw lentils in water until soft. In another pan, she sauteed onions until soft, then added tomato sauce to taste. Into the food processor that goes, then she added cumin to taste.
Hope this helps,
Karen

tricia keegan
10-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I did'nt know that so thanks for the tip, I always put red lentils in my home made veg soup so it's good to know it has some good properties:)

ElaineM
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks Karen
This sounds good. I think I will try it sometime. I bet a thicker version would make a good pasta sauce if it comes out red too. There is a red/orange colored lentil. I could try that. This gives me all kinds of ideas.