PDA

View Full Version : is it safe to use

pibikay
07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi
We normallu use melware or tupperware in the microwave.But my children tell me they being part of the general term plastic are carceogenic and I should not use them for my wife's food but stick to glass and ceramic.
Are melware tupperware to be avoided.
I will be thankfull for some guidance
best of health for all
PBK

Midwest Alice
07-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Your kids are right. Also check the ceramic it should have microwave safe stamped on it in some way.

StephN
07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
I also would never put ANY sort of plastic in my microwave. Even plastic wrap over my food.

I put my food on a plate or bowl and then cover it with a piece of paper towel if it might splatter. I also have some glass covers that work with bowls.

We don't use the micro for much of anything. Would rather reheat in a saute pan on the stove.

pibikay
07-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Thanks
PBK

foxery
07-15-2010, 04:18 AM
you should have the microwave safe bowls and plates . it is mentioned on them so read before purchasing .legit work from home business (http://pattybender.com/1/workathomeoninternet/)

pibikay
07-15-2010, 04:44 AM
The plastic (melware/tupperware) I used were food grade andmicrowave safe.One set came along with the ,icrowave.
Thanks a loy

TanyaRD
07-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Pibikay,
I agree with the other posts and recommend avoiding all plastic in the microwave. If you find it sticks you could try a non-stick cooking spray or spritz some olive oil into the dish before placing the food in the container to microwave.