PDA

View Full Version : julierene's obituary - very sad to report

v-ness
01-29-2010, 09:46 PM
when reading julierene's posts i looked at the beautiful photographs K. Lane had taken of her and her family last spring. she'd posted the link here with the title "giving is awesome". as i read through the comments on the photos i saw a post from a julie bates thanking people for their compliments and i assumed that to be julierene herself. i've had a bad feeling since she'd posted about brain mets and then disappeared, so i googled "julie bates obituary texas" because i knew she'd moved down there. unfortunately i got the result i did not want. julierene lost her battle with this awful disease 22 days ago on january 7th.

http://www.tributes.com/show/Julie-Bates-87600253

i had just finished reading many of her posts tonight with the K. Lane photo pictorial's music playing in the background. they are gorgeous photos that i know her 3 children will cherish. if you go to http://www.klanephotography.com/ you can click Enter Site, then click on Your Pictures up top. julie's password was:

survivor

she really was.

i am sorry to pass on this news, but i know i am not the only one who wondered and cared about her.

valerie

StephN
01-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Dear Valeria -
Thank you for going the extra mile and finding out what some of the rest of us here were afraid to do.

My heart is indeed hurting at the thought of her having to leave her beautiful children so young. This was her worst fear.

I know she will watch over them like a mother hawk.

Jean
01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Valerie,
Thank you for posting ....this is indeed very sad news to read. My heart just breaks for the children. Julierene and I had PM back and forth, she was a very sensitive and loving young woman. This is truly tragic.

It is so painful to loose another sister.

Jackie07
01-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Thank you, Valerie, for finding the closure for us. May Julie rest in peace.

Chelee
01-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Valerie, This just breaks my heart...it's just too much. But thanks for letting us know. I was going to check up on Julie a few days ago because it's been a while since I've heard from her. We always checked on each other. She was such a sweet, truly caring person. We shared alot of PM's, & I will miss her so much. I was so worried when she had the brain mets to deal with. I was so hoping she was going to make it on that trial. I'm so saddened by this news...just overwhelmed with emotion. She always talked about her kids and was so worried about leaving them. That really was her worse nightmare. May God watch over & bless them always.

My sincerest condolences go out to her family & especially those precious childern.

Chelee

Mary Anne in TX
01-30-2010, 06:11 AM
So many hearts broken this winter. Julierene was such a blessing. prayers and love to her family, ma

Lori R
01-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Valerie,
Thank you for following up on Julierene.

A moment of quiet, loving thoughts in her memory. More heartfelt prayers going out to her family and children. May her children forever remember the lifes lessons their mother taught them by example.

Rest peacefully my dear sister.....sad today.....Lori

PinkGirl
01-30-2010, 10:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear this ... so sad.

chrisy
01-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I've been fearing, and expecting, this news. Chelee's right, it is too much.

Too many strong and beautiful souls lost to this stupid disease.

v-ness
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
yes, i agree. i only joined here a couple months ago and have witnessed your many losses in this short time. that's why i did the extra searching for julierene. i was so frightened of HER2+ when i found this site and relied heavily upon reading many threads even back into years of history to get a better grasp not only of the disease but also to get to know *you* better, get a sense of your personalities, challenges and triumphs. julierene's story in particular struck me and that is why i looked for her last night. i thought that if she was gone, she would want her 'sisters' to know and to hold her in their memories. i apologize for being the bearer of bad news, but it does bring closure and i think julierene would have wanted that for herself and for you.

she, like many of you, have had a great impact on me these past few months. thank you. valerie

tricia keegan
01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Valerie, thank you for posting and finding this sad news.
I'm so sad to know yet another has been taken too soon from this disease:(

ElaineM
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Oh this is so sad. So young. May God protect and watch over her children. May angel Julie watch over her children from heaven too.
Thanks for going the extra miles Valerie and checking on Julie. You are a good friend indeed.

Snootch
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
This is awful, sad news, Julie was always so supportive and concerned about Joy I feel a particular grief for her now. I'm mourning her passing, thinking of her kids, wishing her peace because I know she was dealing with a lot these past few months, and I'm /so angry/ that this crappy disease has taken yet another caring, intelligent young mother. I wanted to write back to everyone for their posts on remembering Joy - and I will - but I need to take a break now. My thoughts and prayers to Julie's children and family, and her support family here.

Ceesun
01-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear this...makes me very sad. I pray for her children. Ceesun

Laurel
01-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Thank you, Valerie, for searching and finding Julie for us. I am just so sad tonight, for Julie, her children and family, and for all of us who will miss her.

Yorkiegirl
01-30-2010, 08:30 PM
I am so very sad to read this. I last heard from her about 1 1/2months ago and then nothing.
My prayers go out to her Kid's and family.

Paty
01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
I am heart-broken with the news. I am so sad that some of our sisters have gone recently and this really depresses me. Till when will we reach a cure for this terrible disease?? Let´s not rest on our search for one.

Shobha
01-31-2010, 01:02 AM
My heart is filled with sadness. Julierene's anguish in the last few of her posts was heartbreaking and I really pray that she has found peace now. May she be able to watch over her children and may they always remember their mother and what a strong woman she was...

-shobha

mmoons
01-31-2010, 08:04 AM
Shobha, I agree. I also pray that she found a place of peace before she passed. She was in so much emotional pain. I know she will be watching over those beautiful children and loving them. I am so sad for their loss. Rest in peace, beautiful Julie.

Mary Jo
01-31-2010, 08:27 AM
My heart is heavy as I write this. Although it is true that we are moving forward in this battle of breast cancer much still needs to be done. We are losing too, too many people to this disease.

God's Peace surround us all.....

Ellie F
01-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I cannot believe that yet again we have lost another sister to this terrible disease and devastated for the pain and worry she suffered particularly for the future of her children.
I know we are making progress but NOT fast enough and this fills me with anger.
Surely God must give us the cure soon.
Ellie

Ruth
01-31-2010, 12:19 PM
This is so sad. I don't know what to write. I'm just devastated by all of these losses.

schoolteacher
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
This is so sad.

Amelia

WolverineFan
02-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Valerie,

I just read this and was so saddened. I clicked on the link of the pictures with her and her children, and my heart just broke. That is my greatest fear, and to see someone have to leave young children behind is gut wrenching. I know she will watch over them for the rest of their lives. May God bring comfort to her family and her children.

MJo
02-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I am devastated too. I pray that God gave her some peace in her last days.

flynny
02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I sit here in shock. As my eyes tear up and I am saddened by this news. I pray for her children and the rest of her family. I will be sure to say an extra prayer for her tonight. May she rest in peace!

Sherryg683
02-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Crap, it's like I don't check in for a few days and come back and something like this has happened. Julierenne was diagnosed around the same time I was and joined the board around the same time, if my memory serves correct. I remember being able to relate to her because we were both stage IV and months apart. I remember how happy she was when she reached NED status. I feel for her family, this saddens me greatly..sherry

chrislmelb
02-04-2010, 01:29 AM
RIP Julierene.

Terri B
02-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Julie RIP. This sucks.

Joan M
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Julie,

RIP

Joan