PDA

View Full Version : Irene from Tampa joins Joy, Ed and the other angels...

StephN
01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
John posted that she passed away around 10:30 eastern time tonight.

Such a difficult thing to read as I am typing. What a valiant woman in the face of this damn disease.

Be at peace now and forever, dear one.

schoolteacher
01-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Stephanie,

My heart is so sadden from this. Her family will be in my prayers.

Amelia

PinkGirl
01-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Irene was such a sweetie ... so sad.

DonnaD
01-27-2010, 08:21 AM
My heart is breaking. Irene fought hard and fought for all us. I hate this disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with John and her family. Continue to keep them in your prayers as they go through this most difficult time. May all find peace in knowing Irene is with Christ.

I find comfort knowing Irene enjoyed Christmas, her Birthday and coming home.

Donna

lexigirl
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
I am so sad to see another strong and courageous woman taken down from this horrible disease. It has been time for a CURE for too long.

rinaina
01-27-2010, 08:43 AM
My heart goes out to Irene's family and friends. I am so saddened to hear this. Irene was a dedicated member of her2 and a source of inspiration to all.

Shobha
01-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Really sad to hear this news but I am so glad that she had John's devoted love and companionship until her last moment. She came back home and passed away in peace. it matter so much that she felt deeply cared for...

My prayers for John and rest of Irene's family! You will all be an inspiration to me.

-shobha

Mary Jo
01-27-2010, 09:29 AM
I received a Caringbridge update this morning and was shocked that she had passed so suddenly. She just came home from the hospital the day before. So thankful she was able to pass on being in her own home.

I, too, was so sad. God's Peace to John and their family.

Mary Jo

chrisy
01-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I've also been following the caringbridge updates, and was grateful to John for giving me/us a place to let Irene know how much she has meant, and what a difference she has made in my life.

I will miss her so much, but will never forget her. I have many pm's from her over the years, and I will continue to seek her counsel there, and in my heart.

Rest well, my friend.

WomanofSteel
01-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I am sad to hear that Irene has passed. She put up a good long fight. In the end, she got what she wanted and came home to be with family and friends. God bless her and watch over her loved ones in this difficult time. You will be missed Irene.

Jackie07
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
May our dear friend rest in peace. May her family be comforted. May all her 'comrades' in the BC battle carry on her spirit and fight on...

Yorkiegirl
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to John and Irene's family.

May God wrap his arms around them during this most difficult time.

Mary Anne in TX
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Irene was such a tremendous example in so very many ways. I will miss her so much. ma

caya
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
I am deeply saddened by the loss of our brave Irene from Tampa.

My condolences to her family.

all the best
caya

Patb
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
My prayers also for Irene who was such a courageous
woman fighting the fight of her life, and to John who
was with her to the end. I am glad she got to celebrate her birthday with family and friends and go home and
then go home again. God bless.
Patb

Jean
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Occasionally, we are graced with the presence of an earth bound Angel. They are unable to stay with us for long, but while they do, they bring unprecedented joy and happiness to all they touch.

It is very painful to lose another sister.

Pam P
01-28-2010, 05:29 AM
Sad sad news. Irene was such a huge supporter for so many on this site. My sympathy to all her family who are grieving this lovely woman's loss.

tricia keegan
01-28-2010, 05:48 AM
I haven't been logging in for a few days and was so sad to read this news and know we've lost Irene. I know we'll all miss her and she was a great support to me personally:(

Lori R
01-28-2010, 06:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Irene's inspirational fight has ended. I hope that John and her family take comfort in knowing that she will not be forgotten by many on this site.

Irene....you are an angel to us now my dear. Look down upon us, guide us and continue to work your magic. I will miss you here on this earth.

Hugs....Lori

CourtneyL
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Rest in peace sweet Irene. Know that you made a difference to so many of us here. Prayers are going out to you and your family tonight. May they find comfort in knowing that you are free of pain and are now in the arms of God. Godspeed...

ElaineM
01-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I am so sorry. My sympathies to Jon and Irene's family.

WolverineFan
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I haven't been on in several days and was so sad to learn of Irene's passing. May John and the rest of her family take comfort that she is now at peace in God's heaven, and may John take comfort in knowing that he was such a loving and supportive husband to Irene.

Catherine
02-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Our love to Irene in Heaven. She was a delight and a fighter and we will all miss her. I truly hope she is well now.

Hugs to her and to all of us,
Catherine

lkc Gumby
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
just reading this....so sad. My prayers are going out to Irene's Family.
RIP, Irene.

Terri B
02-05-2010, 07:57 AM
So sad. Sympathy to her family.

Joan M
02-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Irene,

A very brave soul. RIP

Joan

Adriana Mangus
02-06-2010, 04:23 AM
So sad to hear the news.

Rest in peace our dear Angel.

You will forever be in our hearts.

Much Love to Irene's family and friends.