PDA

View Full Version : Update on Me

Carolyns
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi All,

Thank you so much for your support during my travels to Detroit getting the TDM1 trial and treatment. For those of you who have wondered I am doing well. I get treatment in my home town now and so far so good. TDM1 treatment started for me in late August and I continue on with my life working full time and raising my son.

I have been encouraged by all of the brothers and sisters here and send a special shout out to the TDM1 pioneers who have gone down this path before me. Chrisy is one TDM1 sister who has always been an inspiration.

Irene (to name another amazing person here) has always been so very helpful to me and while I struggled to get into the trial she was more supportive than ever. I feel awful that she is having such a hard time now and wish there was something I could do for her.

I am hoping and praying for a better 2010. PLEASE FIND THE CURE!

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

freyja
01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Congrats Carolyn and best wishes. You are a brave, encouraging pioneer. I'm thinking about you.
Love, Celeste

flynny
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Great news! Thanks for the update and keep up the good work! 2010 is going to be THE YEAR!!!!

schoolteacher
01-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Carolyn,

Glad to hear you are doing well. Glad you can get the medicine at home now instead of traveling

Amelia

Patb
01-20-2010, 03:07 PM
So good to hear from you. I am glad you can have the
treatment now with out the traveling. Florida is getting
better with trials and treatment. I am across the state
and send my congratulations to you and hope for a
healthy year and also hopes for the future that there
will be a breakthrough treatment for all soon.
patb

Kathy T
01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi Carolyn,
So glad to hear you are doing well--I am also receiving T-DM1 and just had scans etc. which indicate I am remaining stable for which I am so grateful. Continued good luck for you.
Kathy T

Jackie07
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Carolyn (and Kathy),

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news. Glad you are doing so well. Way to go!

michka
01-21-2010, 06:17 AM
Carolyn and Kathy. Thank you for giving us news. I am so happy you benefit from the TDM 1 treatment. I will continue thinking about you, hoping you are doing well. Michka.

Lori R
01-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Carolyn,
Thank you so much for updating us on this fantastic news!!

I wanted to let you know that you too are an inspiration. When I am feeling anxious (like right now...read out with my Onc in a few hours on my quarterly pet scan).
I think about the success you have had on TDM-1 and remain encouraged that if the read out is bad there are options.
Please keep us updated on your continued success and of course the milestones you are here to enjoy with your son.

Lori

Ellie F
01-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you for sharing your progress with us and giving us hope in our daily battles with bc.

Lori- best of luck for your scan results. Please let us know how it goes. I will be thinkng of you

Ellie

MJo
01-21-2010, 07:00 AM
Thank you to all the pioneers. And thank you to this board for all the knowledge. My oncologist was impressed that I knew the name of the TDM1 trial.

chrisy
01-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Carolyn,
So glad TDM1 is continuing to work for you, and that you are able to get it locally! Although I do appreciate you making me feel like I should quit whining about having to drive 150 miles!

"Continuing on with your life, working full time and raising your son" is what it is all about.

I pray along with you that better long-term and dare I say permanent solutions (better known as CURES) come quickly.

I am heartened when each year at San Antonio I hear one or two more top doctors say out loud that "cure is possible"...but I'm still impatient for it to happen. Please, please hurry...

Faith in Him
01-21-2010, 06:30 PM
So glad you are doing well. I too am praying for the cure.