PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday MA! :)

Chelee
01-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Hi MA, I just wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and here's to many, many more to come. May your Birthday be as special as you are.

Enjoy!

Chelee

Lori R
01-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Happy Birthday!!

I hope you get to play queen for a day...here is do taking a moment and doing something special for yourself.

Lori

Becky
01-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Have a great day Mary Ann. Stay warm!

Happy Birthday

caya
01-07-2010, 06:35 AM
Happy Happy Birthday Mary Ann!! Eat some chocolate, it's good for you.

all the best,
caya

WomanofSteel
01-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Hope you have a great day and many more birthdays to follow.

ammebarb
01-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Sending along my very best birthday wishes, MA! Make a wish and blow out the candles!

Barb A.

Midwest Alice
01-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Have a very, very Happy Birthday!!

Mary Jo
01-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Happy Birthday Sweet lady.

You are loved......Enjoy your day.

Mary Jo

Faith in Him
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Hope you have a wonderful day. You are very special.
Tonya

Jackie07
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Ditto to all that's been said before and all there is to be said after -

生日快樂 (Shen Zhih Kwai Leh :)

PinkGirl
01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
A very Happy Birthday to you MaGirl!

lizm100
01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Happy Birthday....hope you have an extra special day!!!!

Bill
01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Happy Birthday, MA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karen z
01-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Happy Birthday Mary Ann!!!!
Best wishes!!!!

Patb
01-07-2010, 07:46 PM
A little late Happy Birthday. I hope you are having a nice
day with lots of cake and fun....
patb

Ruth
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Happy Birthday and many, many more :-)

Mary Anne in TX
01-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Thank you all for your kind birthday wishes!
It means more than you could know.
This has been a whirl wind last 6 months, but has brought some good with the challenges. My husband moved out last summer and wants to do his own thing....he's done that for as long as I know him, but now he's totally free. It's ok! I still believe he saved my life that night in San Antonio when I first discovered I had e-coli... I just knew I was a gone'r that night!
To gain support from her "other family" and to avoid the stress and awkwardness of being in the town where her dad and my husband are, Ayden and I have moved to San Antonio. I have a son and two other grandkids here and my son moved out of his house so I could move in! Bless his sweet heart! We bought him another house 20 minutes away and he seems pleased to be closer to work!
But the "most fun part" came Monday when I tried to register Ayden for school. My dad used to say to me all the time..."If it was easy, they'd let girls do it". Always made me mad enough to get done whatever needed doing. Anyway, I had everything but legal custody or power of attorney over her; so they said no. Now the fun begins! I waited a couple of hours to unstress and re-power-up this ol' girl and then got on the phone.
What an adventure it has been. I called my husband in Rockport and he went to work asking our son's boss' wife to help. It was a roller coaster ride for 4 days, testing my blood pressure medicine and sanity for sure; but the papers were fed xed to me yesterday and she should be registered by early afternoon!
The ordeal also resulted in good things too. My son has agreed to give me guardianship of her so I can get her medical care (it's been coming out of my pocket for 3 years), etc.
I've learned a lot these past few months. Most importantly, I've learned for me that being mad at someone costs too much...way too much. I just refuse to be mad at anyone!
My husband is happier with us gone and is therefore willing to help on issues he has access to. My son is a good kid who has ended up with some problems handed down from my mom's family for many generations! And most of all, I know I'm a fruit cake and have just one purpose to focus on for the next 10 years, and that is to get this girl grounded and stable with the knowledge she is loved and respected! Maybe she can enter adulthood with some of the qualities I wished that I had had. And maybe her ol' grandma will continue to grow strong and gain peace for the tasks ahead.
I love this crew of fighters that make-up this Her2 Support Group! I am grateful for all you give and teach. Luv and thanks to all, ma

Gerri
01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Happy Birthday MA - a day late, but heartfelt just the same. You are an incredible woman; Ayden is so lucky to have you!

Jean
01-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Sending you Happy Birthday Wishes....
You can have your cake and eat it too!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:d70jYuCpM_iGjM%3Ahttp://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake403.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake403.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/25th-birthday-cake-2007-09-15.htm&usg=__zfUSs0rP9gQE2LvYgAcFtxr7Moo=&h=476&w=400&sz=85&hl=en&start=3&tbnid=d70jYuCpM_iGjM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbirthday%2Bcakes%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den) Hugs Jean

ElaineM
01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Celebrate your birthday all month !! Keep celebrating another year of life on earth !!

vlcarr
01-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Happy belated Birthday,

As someone who was adopted by my grandparents I admire you so much. My parents had so many problems. They divorced and remarried and had 4 other children between them. Because my half brothers and sisters had such bad role models they've had such tragic lives.

If not for my grandma adopting me (my grandfather died when I was in the 2nd grade) there is no telling how different my life would have been.

You are a special person to do this and I just wanted you to know what a difference that made in my life.

Wishing you many, many more birthdays!

Mary Anne in TX
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Vicky, I do so appreciate the good words. I feel so inadequate some days, but know that it's important not just for her, but for me too. Thank you for sharing your story. ma

Bill
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Mary Anne, you are truly an angel here on earth.

tricia keegan
01-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Happy Birthday, enjoy:) xx

mmoons
01-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I hope your birthday MONTH is awesome, MA...! You rock! You family is so lucky to have you, and so are we!

Maureen