PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Resolutions

TanyaRD
12-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Happy New Year to everyone. As many of us mull over our health goals for the New Year I thought I would pass along this short article. We often get hung up on making weight goals that are not specific enough to produce desirable results. This article offers some suggestions for healthy lifestyle changes that take the focus off of weight an on to health.

http://www.cookinglight.com/eating-smart/smart-choices/healthy-habits-00400000062061/

ElaineM
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Thanks Tanya. We can always make improvements to our diet and lifestyle. It is an ongoing process. Happy New Year !!

Jackie07
12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Yah, Tanya, great link!

Just thought that I would add something to the 'wheat' bread/pasta part.

It had taken me many, many years to realize that not all brands of wheat products are equal. Before you buy any wheat product, be sure to read the label and find out the % of the fiber content.

Happy New Year to all.

TanyaRD
01-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Jackie, you are right. Marketing is tricky. It is important to make sure the first ingredient in your "wheat" product is "whole grain or 100% whole wheat" to verify you are truly getting a whole wheat product. Often times the first ingredient will be enriched wheat flour (aka white) or companies will use the phrase "made with whole wheat" in which case there may be a minimal amount of whole wheat.