PDA

View Full Version : Our Anniversary

Christine
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Today marks the eighth anniversary of the HER2 Support Group’s website and we have come a long way. If you were tested for the HER2/neu gene in 2001, your oncologist would tell you that your type of cancer is very aggressive and had a poor prognosis. HER2 testing was not universal and many oncologists did not prescribe Herceptin due to its cardio toxicity.
Today we are living longer (http://www.thedoctorschannel.com/video/2679.html?specialty=25) and enjoy a better quality of life than others. Studies released at this year’s San Antonio Symposium gave us reason to be optimistic of our future.
Unfortunately we have lost many on the way. Please find time during this busy holiday season to pause and remember them. We also wish to thank all of you who have contributed to this web site. Please continue to share your knowledge and provide the emotional support that we all need.

Hugs, warmest regards, and “love and light”.
Christine and Joe

sarah
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations Joe and Christine of your 8th web anniversary. Your site is so wonderful for all of us with HER2. Thank you
hugs and love sarah

DonnaD
12-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Happy Anniversary Christine and Joe. Thank you for your vision and putting that vision into action You have helped so many. I am honored to know you and be a part of this "family." I will remember those we lost and those fighting the battle right now.

Donna

tricia keegan
12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Happy Anniversary Joe and Christine, I am so glad I found this site back in '05 when first diagnosed and was told I'd be having a wonderous new drug to help combat my type of cancer.
Thank you for it's existance, and I too, will remember all those absent friends this Christmas. xx

WomanofSteel
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Happy Anniversary and thank you for all the love and support. This is the best source of support and information I have found. God bless you both and your family.

Jean
12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Dear Christine and Joe,
A huge Thank you....I can't even consider not having the site in my life. Thank you for your constant devotion to all of us. Because of your kindness and efforts you have born and developed a family.

Wishing you blessings at this special time of year!
Jean

ElaineM
12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Happy Anniversary !!
I am so glad I have this site, because I have learned so much about her2 positive breast cancer from this site that I could share with my docs. I also feel more like I am part of a health community that I can share common health related interests with and a community that will understand what I am thinking about breast cancer.
Happy Holidays Joe and Christine. Much happiness, peace and good health in 2010 and beyond.

TriciaK
12-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Dear Christine and Joe, Congratulations on eight years of service to our her2 community! You have given so much hope and understanding to those who come here to share their fears, their feelings, and their love with one another. I know I am not the only one who feels such appreciation and gratitude. I don't remember just how I found this website, but I remember how afraid and confused I was in 2004 when my oncologist told me that I had cancer again for the third time, and that it was "her2" this time--more aggressive and fast acting. I was told that I would have had only a few months to live if the her2 cancer had not been discovered accidently during a CT scan after my heart attack in June of 2004. I didn't have a clue what "her2" meant, and he didn't really explain, but he did tell me there was a new treatment called herceptin that could very well save my life. We started the herceptin immediately, along with navelbine. My heart worsened after 15 months but the cancer was under control and has remained so for 5 years. During that time this website has given me so much comfort and information about her2 cancer. Hopefully through the years I have been able to give back to others a little of what I have recieved. Reading messages from others here has touched my heart. I have seen the courage of others as they have faced the unknown, and I have wept for those who have left us. As I have prayed I have been able to let go of some of my own fear and pain. I will never forget you or those courageous warriors I have met here. Thank you so much for what you have given us! We are truly grateful. Hugs, TriciaK

Ceesun
12-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Mille fois merci-a thousand thanks to Christine and Joe! Ceesun

SoCalGal
12-24-2009, 09:06 PM
With tons of gratitude and appreciation... Merry Christmas,
Flori

Audrey
12-25-2009, 01:27 PM
I was one of those ladies who was diagnosed with her2+ bc in 2001--my prognosis was "poor" and I was devasted. Thank God I came across this website and found some hope and encouragement and good information about Herceptin! I also connected with my dear friend, Michele, through this site and can not thank Christine & Joe enough for all you've done for this community! Thankfully, I am still here to pass on support to newbies, but I haven't forgotten the TOO MANY beautiful women (and men) we've lost along the way...We've come a long way, but we've got to keep fighting this beast!

suzan w
12-25-2009, 03:29 PM
What a wonderful day it is to celebrate the 8th anniversary of such a wonderful group of people!! Thank you Joe and Christine for all of your hard work! Merry Christmas to all!! XO Suzan

Mary Anne in TX
12-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Many many thanks for all you've done and all you daily do for us! I've always thought that the information and encouragement adds years and life to our lives! Much love to you both, ma

Jackie07
12-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Happy Kwanukkahmas! (Got this from my bridesmaid, it came with a George Clooney picture :)

Thank you both for starting this support group. Happy Anniversary!

Pam P
12-25-2009, 06:31 PM
I was diagnosed in June 2001; her2+, poor prognosis. Herceptin was only given then in trial for for stage IV I believe. I remember asking but wasn't able to receive it, not until over a year later when bone mets were discovered. I've wondered if I had been given herceptin right away what if any difference it would have made. I had no idea that this site was started the same year, 2001. I didn't find the site until a few years later. I have been so grateful for this site - the wealth of information, inspiration from so many people and compassion and support. I continue to be uplifted by the help this site gives me. Thank you Joe and Christine for this wonderful gift. Merry Christmas.

Paty
12-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for being here, to you Christine and Joe for putting this together and for bringing us all together. I really found a river in the middle of my dessert when I was diagnosed and did not have much information. All my love and best wishes, you all have definetly be a major support during this difficult times.

karen z
12-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Thank you so much for everything.
Love,
karen

Believe51
12-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Even though Mighty Oak has passed from this horrific disease, this site had/has saved our lives. Six months....by the grace of God and this site, it's wonderful family....well it was 37 months. How do I even begin to thank you for that? I am sending love to you both and gratitude for your devotion far beyond the call of duty!

Believe51...today and forever!!!!

charlotte
12-26-2009, 02:03 AM
thank you both for this site, and all that is done to help us folks along this journey... Merry Christmas to all.. Charlotte

krisvell
12-26-2009, 11:43 AM
This site has been an anchor to me since being diagnosed in June '09. A huge thank you and virtual hugs to Christine and Joe for starting this site.
Happy New Year and I wish everyone good health and Happiness.
Kris....

Laurel
12-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Christine & Joe,

Where would I be without this wonderful site with its amazingly brilliant and valiant community of friends and fellow Her-2 sojourners? Many heartfelt "thank yous" for all you have done and continue to do for us.

Patb
12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
I join all the others in Thanking you for this website
and all the information and comfort I have received.
patb

sally
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Happy Anniversary !! This has been my main source of information and support since '04. Thank you for all of your time and devotion, it is very generous of you. I think of everyone who has passed on all the time. They all meant so much and had so much wisdom to share way back in the beginning. I wish you and everyone else a Happy Healthy New Year and many more to come. Sally

sassy
12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Adding my thanks to Joe and Christine for their devotion to others in advancing treatment and lending support.

My day is not complete until checking on my 'family' here. Early in my dx, this site and the friends here kept me sane (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). This site and a wonderful onc has kept me NED!

Thanks for all,

Ellie F
12-28-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank you Joe and Christine from England.Your vision for the support forum was truly brilliant.
To all my her2 sisters thank you for helping me through each and every day.May 2010 finally find the key that turns this disease off!
Ellie

naturaleigh
12-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Thank you Christine and Joe for this wonderful site. I can't imagine going on this journey without it. This site has given me and many others so much hope. I think of the ones we have lost everyday and pray for the ones they left behind. I believe that one day soon, a cure will be found for all types of cancer.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone one on this site. I pray that 2010 brings us several steps closer to the end of this dreadful disease.

Love the new avatar DonnaD and WomanofSteel!!

TriciaK I think of you so often, your post always means the world to me!

Chelee
12-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Christine & Joe, Many thanks for such a wonderful gift you gave all of us when you launched this Her2 board. I know many of us, if not all would be lost without it. I was feeling so desperate when first dx with this Her2 bc. I found so many websites and information on regular bc...but I wanted Her2 related information and support. It was a big sigh of relief when I stumbled across your board. It had everything I needed to know about Her2 bc & then some. Then to add to that the greatest group of women and men for support...I couldn't ask for more. I hit the "jackpot" when I found your board. I really would be lost without this board...I really can't thank you two enough for all your efforts & hard work to keep this board up and running for us. Bless you both. :)

Chelee