PDA

View Full Version : Bone biopsy update

tricia keegan
12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I had a call from my onc yesterday and it appears the one spot of concern is too small to biopsy.
They want me to have another MRI in a month and see if it has grown or changed and will go from there.
I'm hoping of course it won't have grown, but am thankful my onc takes my highly her2+ status serious enough to keep ordering these tests.
I just really hope I get some positive answers soon as this waiting is torture.
It's strange too that any aches I have are minimal but not at all where the area they're watching are. I had'nt realized getting an actual dx could be such hard work and so time consuming!
I'm trying to put it out of my mind and enjoy the holidays anyway and wish you all a very Happy Christmas:)

whatz
12-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Wishing you a merry and joyful christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

Mary Anne in TX
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Tricia, I know the waiting is awful! But I'm believin' in a good result and continued good news! Much love, ma

Laurel
12-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Tricia,

I do not know, but I'm feelin' good vibes for you, Girlfriend. Seriously, I just think this is a no go and you are gonna be around, NED for a long time. Damn spooky stuff this cancer. Never get to relax though, do we? Never can brush off those aches and pains, can we? On the positive side, cancer causes us to live each moment and even treasure them as they are occurring because we want to be so "present" in each moment. The Christmas season really brings this to the forefront for all of us. That nagging question that lies just so shallowly beneath the surface of our seemingly normal lives. You know the one...will I be here?....to do this again?....next Christmas?....to see my next?....anniversary?....graduation?....birth?....

So what do we do? We live in our moments, because by living we matter, we make a difference, we touch lives, and we know we will be missed....if...

BUT that nagging, endless "if" is not for now. It may be for tomorrow, but not this day.....not this year....not this now.

Live in the now. Tomorrow is another day. Rest in the knowledge that all futures are uncertain, some of us just know that more acutely than others. We survivors know how fragile and tenuous live is. Believe until some one tells you not to and then tell 'em to go to hell and go on believing! Believe in your tomorrows.....

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025,2026,2027,2028,2029, 2030............!

Ruth Ann
12-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Right on Laurel. I agree with you. Tricia keep the faith girl. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Ruth Ann

Jackie07
12-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Tricia,

Merry Christmas ahd Happy New Year.

tricia keegan
12-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Thank you all, and to Laurel for such wise words we can all relate to:)
Thanks Laurel, sometimes we just need a kick up the backside as a reminder to not dwell on what if's??
Happy Christmas to all xx

Laurel
12-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Yes, Tricia, we do, but it is so easier said than done! I wrote those fighting words as much for me as for you. Those endlessly haunting what ifs....! I tell myself that my future is no less certain than it was pre-cancer, meaning that none of us holds our futures in our hands. Those who have not yet survived a serious illness are no more assured of a tomorrow than the rest of us. It just seems as though our futures are more murky shrouded with the dread of a recurrence, but in truth the odds are in our favor that the loathsome cancer will not return to darken our lives yet again.

I find the mental game of staying positive tedious at times and very wearing on my resolve to live in the NOW. How I wish I could just be like the sparrows and not worry. It really is an utter waste of time when you think on it!

Ah well, I do so hope you have a peaceful and lovely Christmas and that God grants you freedom from the hounding what ifs. I wish that for all of us. May God Bless Us One And All!

WomanofSteel
12-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Tricia, try to let it take the back burner and just enjoy the holidays. I know it's hard, but we can't let this invade our every moment.