PDA

View Full Version : For Those Who Participated in the Adjuvant Herceptin Trials

Joe
12-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Here is your Christmas/Hannukah Present:

Mary Jo
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Thank you for sharing Joe. That "gift" was super duper encouraging. As a 4 1/2 year NED survivor, who did receive 1 year of herceptin along with chemo( A/C & Taxol with herceptin starting with the Taxol) I feel very hopeful as I move forward with my life.

Mary Jo

sassy
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Official news that many have been waiting for----but we knew Herceptin was the key!

Thanks for the article Joe.

Jean
12-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Thank you Joe for posting this article as many will be happy to read as it confirms what we all hoped for.

I again have to thank you and Christine for this site.
In 2005 when I was Dx. and found the site (at that time) I was told by dr. as an early stage patient I did not need chemo/herceptin/nor would I be able to have it.

From your site I leaned that early stage women were having herceptin and the answer was not a flat no.
You helped me get information and spurred my research. While others thought I was WRONG for my
constant checking....you and Christine encouraged me along with many sisters on the site. Through this support I made my way out to Dr. Salmon......
Ahhh the rest is history.

God Bless you and Christine for you have made a difference in many lives. God put both of you into our lives.....Love you both!

Jean

suzan w
12-26-2009, 08:28 PM
THANKS for this article! I feel like framing it! When I was first diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago the first doctor told me I had a poor prognosis, etc. Then I went for a second opinion where I heard about Herceptin. My oncologist prescribed it 'off label' until the FDA approved it for early stage about halfway through my treatment. Thank you to all the participants in the trials who paved the way for people like me!!! I feel very very lucky and blessed! xo Suzan