PDA

View Full Version : Changing My Signature - Now 3 Years NED!!

caya
12-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Friday Dec. 18th marks my 3 year Cancerversary - 3 years since my mastectomy.

As many of you know, my BC was found in a very unusual way - went in for a breast reduction, came out with breast cancer. A complete shock, as my mammogram/ultrasound 3 months before were clear, showing NADA. I think my big dense breasts were hiding the 2 tumours, all docs say that reduction operation probably saved my life.

It's been quite the ride, and at this time I would like to thank all the members of this site for all their support, information shared, and most of all the friendship and good wishes throughout the past 3 years.

I am looking forward to sharing many more cancerversaries with the Her2support group.

Joe and Christine, thanks again for the wonderful work you do...

all the best
caya
(Caryn)

Jean
12-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Caryn,
Isn't it just wonderful to post another year?
I am thrilled each time I read that one of us sisters is marking up another year.

When we think back to the day of dx. we never thought we would be posting any joy.

Congratulations on your milestone....another year.
Wishing you many many more of them.

Hugs,
Jean :)

StephN
12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Congrats from me as well. Now you should start to see the years roll by faster and before you know it, that number will be double.

Keep smiling and Happy Holidays.

RhondaH
12-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Congratulatins Caya!!! and here's to MANY more!!!! Take care and God bless.

tricia keegan
12-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Congratulations from me too!!!

My friend found her bc in the same way when she went for breast reduction and I know how shocking it was for her too.

Enjoy this special day and celebrate:)

ammebarb
12-17-2009, 06:55 AM
Caya, it is encouraging for the newly diagnosed and for us who support them, to hear from sisters who are doing well. I am so very happy for you and wish you umpteen decades more!

Barb A.

Sheila
12-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Caya
That is the best gift anyone can get.....keep stacking up those NED years...you are an inspiration!!!

schoolteacher
12-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Congratulations Caya. Many, many, more cancerversaries to come!

Amelia

Becky
12-17-2009, 07:13 AM
And all the best from me too. Happy Chanukah and Happy New Year!

Shobha
12-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Wonderful news, Caya! May you be blessed with many many more. Happy Holidays.

hugs,
shobha

Mary Jo
12-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank you Caya for your encouraging, uplifting post. I am so thankful you are doing well and have reached another milestone.

Love and peace,

Mary Jo

Ceesun
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Caya, Congrats and a happy new year indeed for you! Ceesun

karen z
12-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Caryn,
Thank you for posting your wonderful news. Hope you have a wonderful and relaxing holiday season with much peace and joy.
karen

suzan w
12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Congratulations Caya on your 3 years!!! Doesn't it feel great??? xo Suzan

lexigirl
12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Yay Caya!! Here's to many more happy milestones ahead!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Jackie07
12-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Way to go Caya! Congratulations! Happy anniversary to you...and many more.

caya
12-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks everyone for all your good wishes! Today's the actual day (Dec. 18), it's a little eerie, I was being wheeled into surgery around this time (9:00 a.m.)...

And for those of you who know me, I def. plan on eating some chocolate today...

Happy Holidays to all!!

all the best
caya

WolverineFan
12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry for the late response, Caya, but my big congratulations to you as well!!! Here's to many, many more NED years!!!

Laurel
12-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey, Caya, congratulations on 3 years!!!! Terrific news! How's that touch of lymphadema coming along?

ElaineM
12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Congratulations !! Keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing seems to be working. Maybe it is the dark chocolate.

caya
12-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Laurel, how sweet of you to remember my "touch of lymphedema." It actually has been pretty well under control. I wear my sleeve and gauntlet when I fly, and of course I am extra careful now not to injure it.

I was seeing a lymphedema massage therapist throughout the summer, but since the fall I have been okay. I do some self-massage every couple of days. I've been lucky in that it has been contained to my right hand. If this is the worst that it gets, I'm thankful.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

all the best
caya

WomanofSteel
12-23-2009, 07:16 AM
What great news on your 3 years. Wishing you a zillion more.

Laurel
12-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Caya,

Glad to hear you are able to manage the lymphedema so easily. I know it can be quite difficult in many cases. I'm glad you are not encountering a real struggle! Have a wonderful holiday season up in the hinterland of the north!

caya
12-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm really in the Hinterland of the North - We're in Edmonton, Alberta for an impromptu family reunion- A gang of cousins (one cousin lives here) along with my aunt and uncle (in their early 80s)...
Thanks again for all your nice wishes.
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.

all the best
caya

Laurel
12-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh Caya! Alberta is one of those "before I die I gotta see...." places for me! I have cousins up there, too. Old Order Mennonites who still are horse & buggy folks like the Amish. Met some of them a few years back, well actually, many years ago now when they came by rail into Pennsylvania to visit. They were very lively despite their conservative ways. I enjoyed them enormously.

Well, Nanook-of-the-North, have a totally fun time in that beautiful countryside. I am sure you are up to your eyeballs in snow!

rinaina
12-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Mazel Tov Caya on reaching this milestone. Here's to many more cancerversaries.