PDA

View Full Version : Our San Antonio Message

Joe
12-14-2009, 05:04 AM
I thought that I might share the message that I sent to all of the ladies who helped represent us at San Antonio:

I hope all of you made it home safely, especially Stephanie who we met at the airport and was facing an hour's flight delay in San Antonio and an additional four hour delay in Salt Lake City.

I wish to thank all of for representing the HER2 Support Group at this year's San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium last week. By far this has been our most successful meeting to date. Our busy schedule and the increased traffic to our exhibit is testimony to the growing respect and recognition of our organization by the healthcare industry.

I am always amazed when members of our group take the time during this busy holiday season to travel to San Antonio and volunteer their time and energy to represent us at the Symposium to endure a week of organized chaos; even as many of you are still undergoing active breast cancer treatment.

I have been approached by several other support groups to learn the secret of our success. My answer is a simple phrase, "We are a family"

Christine and I wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, enjoyable Kwanzaa and if you don't believe--just a nice day.

Joe

Midwest Alice
12-14-2009, 05:17 AM
A family we are!

"Make it a great day" That is how I greet students each morning on hall duty.

I want to thank my family here for helping me, each day, to make it a great day.
Thanks Jo and Christine,
Off to work, Alice

tricia keegan
12-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks Joe, I'd like to wish you and Christine a very Happy Christmas too and a big thanks to all who represented all of us at her2support at the symposium:)

Patb
12-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks Joe and Christine for all you do and a happy
holiday to you and your family and everyone who
went and represented us, Thank you.
patb

bejuce
12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
A big heartfelt thanks for all of you who advocate for us daily. And my best wishes for a happy, healthy holiday season filled with hope, love, and laughter.

Marcia (bejuce)

michka
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Thank you Joe and Christine. And thank you to all the wonderful ladies of our group (family!) who attended the meeting with you.
Michka

alicem
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Thank you Joe and Christine,

It was wonderful meeting both of you last Tuesday evening. I only wish that my schedule would have allowed me to join in the fun. I hope that I will be able to join you in 2010 to further the endeavors of this wonderful family!

Alice

Mary Jo
12-14-2009, 03:56 PM
What wonderful pictures and a wonderful post! Thank you Joe and Christine! Yes, we are a family and that's why this board works. Perfect? Yep, as perfect as any family is....http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif You take the good with the bad - throw in love - throw out what is icky - move on - and continue to love. That's family and that's what we are.

Merry Christmas back at ya......and thanks for all you do for us at her2support!

Mary Jo

Audrey
12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm happy to hear the San Antonio conference was a success. Thanks for sharing the great pictures--Tiptoe was there, too, in a pink princess hat with an official Chinese passport--so cute! It can't be said enough, thanks again Joe & Christine for all your work on behalf of your her2 family! I'm proud to be a member--

Jackie07
12-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Doesn't Joe look a little bit like (an older version of)Tom Selleck? (The movie star)

Paty
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Joe/Christine,

Wishing you a very Happy Holidays!! I hope I can join you at next SABCS. Thanks for all the work and for keeping us all together.

Paty

alicem
12-15-2009, 06:55 AM
YES, JACKIE!! Magnum PI himself!!!

Sheila
12-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Jackie....the hawaiian shirt puts the finishing Magnum Touch

schoolteacher
12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Thank you Joe and Christine.

Amelia

ElaineM
12-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I have been enjoying all the photos of everyone at the Symposium very much. I have also been reading all the press releases and information from the symposium. I have a whole bunch of new things to discuss with my docs.
Thanks to Joe, Christine and all our members who attended the symposium !! It looks like you learned alot and had alot of fun.
Some year maybe I can join you.
Have a wonderful holiday season !! Let's all hope for great health in 2010 and beyond.