PDA

View Full Version : PattyZ is an Angel

Darlene Denise
12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
It is with tears and a broken heart that I share with you the news of the death of my friend PattyZ. I just learned of the news moments ago from a post on bcmets from her daughter Christy.

She was a brave warrior full of spirit and compassion and my life will always have an empty spot with her passing.

We e-mailed each other last on 08/31 and exchanged family photos. I have attempted several posts since with no response.

Please join me in sending all of our HER2 Sister love and prayers to her family.

Darlene

Ellie F
12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Really sorry to hear this sad news. I send my heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Patty's family. We must continue our race for the cure. To many women are passing before their time.I am praying that God feels we have had enough suffering now and shows us the way to beat this disease
Ellie

AlaskaAngel
12-10-2009, 12:28 PM
PattyZ's voice here is one that I will miss very much. She was so considerate, knowledgeable, and thoughtful in all of her posts. Thanks for letting us know.

AlaskaAngel

schoolteacher
12-10-2009, 01:44 PM
I am sorry to hear about PattyZ. Her family will be in my prayers. Hopefully, there will be a cure soon.

Amelia

Jackie07
12-10-2009, 03:04 PM
She will be remembered. Thanks for letting us know. Take it easy and take care.

Mary Anne in TX
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Oh, no! PattyZ was always willing to help others and give good advice and encouragement. I'll miss her. She fought a long hard battle and was a real encouragment to me. Thank you for letting us know...wish it was different news. ma

Believe51
12-10-2009, 03:23 PM
It is with a broken heart that I send my sympathies for the loss of yet another brave Angel. She was such a large part of our journey and still watching over us all. I am just speechless and cannot even express myself.

Ruth
12-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh this makes me so sad. Rest sweet Patty.
Ruth

Chelee
12-10-2009, 08:18 PM
This news just breaks my heart. Patty was a true warrior and major inspriation to so many. She went out of her way to help so many others through some very difficult times. She will truly be missed. My heart felt condolences to her family and friends.

Chelee

alicem
12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Darlene,

Thanks for sharing this difficult news. It breaks my heart to read this, but she is in a better place and doesn't have to deal with her struggles anymore. I went back to look at the last time she posted in August. What a brave and sweet woman she was. I don't think she would mind if I shared part of what she wrote here:
"Please don't be too sad or scared...Such is life and death. And, I don't think there is any 'true' death as we see it, anyway. I see me still providing some kind of nurishment to that or those that are in need of just what I have to offer. I am mostly feeling just 'out of it'. No consistent pain above a three, blurry vision nothing helps, some mouth sores, more pills!!!

The Decadron has ' kicked in '. Thus: better appetite with some weight gain at 101.5 lbs. rather than the low of 97.7. And wrinkles are filling in, making my age 60 look a tiny bit younger! At least I don;t look older than my Lyle's 72, so there!

Know I love and respect you ALL.
With much solid affection and many tight hugs,
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOpatty"
You can read more of what she wrote here:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40838

If that doesn't work you can search for "Update: spinal fluid, me:

I am a richer person for having met her. Do any of you know how her husband Lyle is doing? He also is a breast cancer survivor.

~ Alice

StephN
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you Darlene Denise. This confirms what I had suspected since I could not reach her myself lately.

She actually had expected not to live that long and had posted about it when she had an earlier progression of brain mets. The way she did her research and got approved for the drug Temador is a real bright lesson, as she had a few more years with good quality of life.

Lyle is doing fine cancerwise as of a note I had last summer. May he and the rest of their family find peace and comfort in Patty's incredible facing up to this disease.

She did it her way.

Paty
12-10-2009, 10:24 PM
So sad to hear this news. My prayers go to her family and love ones.

With a broken heart,

Paty

Ceesun
12-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry to receive this news. She was always so helpful to all. May God protect her now. Ceesun

Vic
12-11-2009, 07:33 AM
This is such sad news any time we hear it. Her gift was reaching out to others as so many do here and Patty will be missed.

Vicki

michka
12-11-2009, 07:48 AM
PattyZ was a courageous warrior. She helped so many of us. This is so unfair. May her family be in peace. When is it going to stop?
Michka

duga35
12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( God bless her.

ElaineM
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I am so sorry to read the news. I wish her family peace.

Shobha
12-11-2009, 11:29 AM
She was such a brave warrior and so uplifting through out the battle. May she rest in peace.

tricia keegan
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm so sad to read this, Patty Z was such a help to me when my friend was dx with brain mets. I can't believe shes she's gone but know she's in a better place.
Thank you Patty and rest well:) xx

Bill
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Sad news. She was such a kind sweet person. She will be greatly missed.

Barbara H.
12-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I am very sad to hear this news. She was such an inspiration to me. Her words of wisdom and ability to look beyond the standard treatment helped me with the decisions I had to make.
I offer my sincere condolences to her family.
Barbara H.

WomanofSteel
12-13-2009, 08:29 AM
My sympathies to her family and friends.

Joan M
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Darlene,

Thanks for letting us know about PattyZ.

This is very said news. Another fallen warrior. I will miss her. She gave me a lot of support when I was diagnosed with a brain met. My sympathies to her family.

Joan

Laurel
12-13-2009, 05:53 PM
I am so very saddened to lose one of our bravest and best. My condolences to us all...

suzan w
12-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh rats...this is sad news indeed.

nitewind
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with her family.

hutchibk
12-16-2009, 09:30 AM
A fond farewell to a caring and sharing warrior. Her path played hugely in my options and decisions, her successes gave me enormous hope. Her self-advocacy was a shining example for all Her2 brain mets warriors. God's speed, Patty Z.

Sheila
12-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Another angel from our group...too many gone too soon.....my sympathy to her family....she will be missed here at our Her2 Family

Soccermom
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I am so saddened to hear of Pattyz's passing~ My sincerest condolences to her family and friends,
Marcia