PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday TriciaK and nitewind!!

caya
12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Happy Birthday to you both! TriciaK - wow- the big 8-0!!
Eat some chocolate gals, it's good for you!!

all the best
caya

Mary Anne in TX
12-09-2009, 08:35 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm994YYUS) to both of you! I hope you'll make this day exactly what you want it to be. Get a really big cake....we'd all like a piece! Best wishes for the bestest day ever. And thanks for being YOU! ma

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZCxdm994YYUS (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZCxdm994YYUS&utm_id=7922)

TriciaK
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Happy Birthday to my birthday buddy, Nitewind! And thank you, Caya and Mary Ann, for thinking of us and to all who wish us a happy birthday. Yes, I am 80 today---rather amazing when you think I have been living on borrowed time since I had severe rhuematic fever at 16! Plus of course cancer three times in the last 25 years (the last time her2), two heart attacks and a triple bypass. I wish I could say I was going dancing today but it will be rather a quiet day. My husband called all our 9 kids, 32 grandkids and nearly 40 greats, asking those who are old enough to send me a special letter today telling me thier special memories and sending love and best wishes. He is making a scrapbook of all the letters and pictures. It has been really touching and we have both shed a few tears at the sweet memories and thoughts we have received from our posterity. He wanted to get them all together for a birthday party but since they are scattered from North Carolina to Texas to California and points in between, a party was not possible, but the scrapbook is really special and I can read it over and over.
The cancer still seems to be in remission after the her2 round in 2004, although my tumor markers are still rising slowly. I am thankful for each day of life and feel I have so many blessings, including this great website and the friends here. Thank you all for being there and especially Joe and Christine for bringing us all together.
Have a good Christmas season and I add my prayers to yours that 2010 will see a cancer cure! Hugs, Tricia

nitewind
12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Happy birthday my buddy! and thanks to all for the birthday wishes.
Tricia, your husband is a real keeper, what a wonderful idea he had.
I hope your day is fantastic.
Not doing much here just listening to the thunder and watching the lightening.
Have a great day.
Love ya

ElaineM
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
A great day full of many wonderful memories to you both. Enjoy the day and whatever you are doing to celebrate all month long !!!!!!!!!! You both earned it big time !!

schoolteacher
12-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Tricia K and Nitewind,

Hope you both have had very special days with many, many, more birthdays to come.

Amelia

lexigirl
12-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Happy Happy Birthday Tricia and Nitewind!! I wish you many more happy and healthy birthdays ahead!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Chelee
12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I want to wish you TWO wonderful ladies a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and here's to many, many more to come.

TriciaK, I always love when you post your story...it's such an amazing and inspriational one. I know when newly dx women run across your story it gives them so much hope. What a sweet, thoughtful & caring hubby you have there to come up with such a terrific idea! Your mailbox will be full...81 letters on there way. WOW...that will keep you busy for a while just reading them all. lol :)

Again, a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Tricia, and nitewind. You two enjoy your special day.

Chelee

Yorkiegirl
12-09-2009, 05:27 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BITHDAY TO Tricia K. and Nitewind. Wishing you both many, many more.

WomanofSteel
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Wishing you ladies only the best of everything on your birthday and always.

tricia keegan
12-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Ladies, I'm sorry I'm a little late here but hope you both had a wonderful day and wanted to send you belated Birthday wishes:)

Jackie07
12-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Happy Birthday, ladies. May all your birthday wishes come true.

Jean
12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Dear Tricia,
You are our very own Diamond!
A very heart felt Happy Birthday to you.
80 years is a milestone let alone all your medical history.
Just goes to show us what can be achieved in spite of
adversity.

How dear and thoughtful of your husband to ask the family to write their memories of special days. What a gift. I think they all feel extremely privledged to write about you. That certainly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Enjoy your special day Tricia and know you are so very loved by all.

Blessings and Hugs,
Jean

Jean
12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Nitewind - Sending you Birthday wishes - may your special day be filled with love and comfort.

Jean

Ruth
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
A day late but HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both of you!

I hope your day was as special as you both are!!!!

Ruth