PDA

View Full Version : I am having problems getting correct day

charlotte
11-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey, all... Charlotte checking in.. had a nice Thanksgiving day, at the end of the day, while I was making my way to my car, I fell on concrete.. I have a black eye, bruises all over my self.. I have stiches on my arm and finger..I left the Thanksgiving luncheon in an ambulance.. alittle better today.. which brings me up to date.. All of the posts I can pull up are dated November 16, 17>. What happened???
I admit I also have a concusion (sp) , but I don't think I backed up to November???
Help.

Jackie07
11-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Charlotte,

So sorry for your mishaps. Hope you are resting well. I fell on concrete of our driveway one time when getting off the car (the passenger side) I think we just have to be extra careful having had all kinds of treatment that gives us glitches sometimes.

If you click on the highlighted heading of 'Herceptin' on the Board, it should give you all the postings in reverse order. So you should see whole bunch postings dated 'Today', then 'Yesterday'. After 'Yesterday', it will give the exact date in the number form.

Do you have someone at home that can double check for you? Hope you feel better soon. Rest well and drink enough fluid...

Chelee
11-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Charlotte, I am so sorry to hear about your fall...sounds pretty nasty. That must of really hurt. I'm glad you didn't break anything. It's sure a heck of a way to end your Thanksgiving day. I sure hope your feeling better today. By the way...how is Luke doing? Sure hope he's doing better.

I'm glad you checked in...it's nice to hear from you. :)

Chelee

charlotte
12-01-2009, 03:26 AM
thanks so much for the advice.
Thanks also for asking about Luke.. about 6 weeks ago I had to take him to the hospital, I had to almost drag him kicking and screaminghe Er. they took him right away.. he was admitted to ICU, in renal failure.He was admitted to Shands in Gainsville right away. The er Dr. told me , if I hadnt got Luke to the er , he probably would have been dead in about 4 hours.
at the er in the hospital they did a trach on him, foley etc.
A Dr. came in I have no idea where he came from in all the confusion. Did not identify himself, just looked at my husband who by now had tubes in every opening they could find ventilator going on him..looked at Luke and said ... This is a very sick man!! uh duh!!Gainsville round 400 miles from here.. Could not get a flight on Angel flight... Pilot said it was too dangerous to fly.. One pilot they contacted said he would fly Luke to Gainsville for $14,000 dollars. I almost threw up on that number.. finally they solved the problem with ( an ambulance with 2 registered nurses) I cant wait for that bill).....anway he is still alive thank God!!that is what's important
He is now stable enough , to be on the waiting list for some lungs... my husband has been in ICU for weeks, and weeks now.. the hospital is great, nurses are great etc. But I sure miss him.. the kind of trach he has in place , he cant speak.. I sure would love to hear his voice again..by the way he has stage 4 Scarodosis (not cancer) so I told him, well we now are stage 4,
both of us.It has been a "rough" ride so far with this episode.
my husband sent me a letter and said something so sweet, He had a birthday recently, so now Luke has been married 1/2 of his life to me. He said he wouldnt trade anything to be with a nother person..
I can only hope that a lung becomes available (I think yall know what I mean). I will let everyone know when a lung becomes availble.. this is such a nice group of people on this board... I felt comfortable discussing my husband with my Her2 family.. this is a place where I can vent my feelings...
thanks so much all...for the support, advice etc. that is given to me when I "check" in...
updates to follow... Charlotte

Sheila
12-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Charlotte
Hope you are recovering after the fall....take it easy ....the pain after a tumble seems to linger awhile.

suzan w
12-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh my goodness, Charlotte!!! Glad you are on the mend. Best wishes for you and Luke! XO Suzan

Yorkiegirl
12-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh Charlotte I'm so sorry to read about your fall. I do so hope you taking it easy.

My prayers go out to Luke. I will pray hard that a lung becomes availble for him. Please take it easy.

schoolteacher
12-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Charlotte,

Hope you and Luke are feeling better today.

Amelia

juanita
12-18-2009, 12:58 PM
hope that things are going ok!