PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to BC......

jannokee
11-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Hello all,
I am new to this site and just wanted to say Hello to all my BC family now that I am er+/pr+ and Her-2+. Just Dx. 10-30-09 with biopsy coming back positive (3.7cm), so performed left breast mast. Had 1/16 positive nodes and will be starting Chemo with TCH on 12-09-09. Having port installed at 7:30am and 1st Chemo at 9:30am-same day! Should be a long day. Have PET-CT scan scheduled for 12-04-09 to see if spread, and to learn Stage and Grade. Muga was 55: 11-25-09. I am sure I will in visiting this site while I am starting my next journey with BC. Hope to meet a lot of nice people who can help me when times are tough and when I might have a question or two. Thanks for your time.

tricia keegan
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi Janokee and welcome,

I'm so sorry you have to join us but glad you found us.
Herceptin has changed the dire prognosis many of us had, and you'll be encouraged to see there are many long term survivors here at all stages thanks to this drug.
I found chemo to be easier than I expected although certainly no picnic!! Please know there are many here to answer and help any questions you may have.
Good luck with the rest of your tests and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better:)

Midwest Alice
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi Janokee,

Good luck on you port placement and first treatment.

Welcome and dito on what Tricia said.

Alice

nitewind
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Welcome, Jan. Like everyone else, sorry you have to be here but you came to the right place, no better place on the net. Anything you want to know, anytime you have a question, just post and someone will answer.
Good luck getting your port and your first chemo.
Keep in touch with us.
Hugs

BonnieR
11-28-2009, 07:20 PM
The 9th IS going to be a long day. Be sure to dress warm and comfy. Bring things to pass the time. Reading, iPod, journal, snacks.
Ask us any questions you have.
Keep the faith. Keep us posted.

Cal-Gal
11-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Jannokee--
Welcome to a site filled with the most caring and loving women who spend time in the selfless service of others with HER2+ breast cancer---
-glad you found the group, but sorry that you had to become a member of this group of women-
Please know that this is a journey of the mind, body and soul and we are here to support you--
with love--

Jackie07
11-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Jannokee,

Welcome to the Board.

There is a 'Search' button on the gold bar on top. Put in any key word and you will find everything our members have contributed on the subject.

Another tip that took me a little while to figure out is that there are often many 'threads' going on at the same time. To see all the threads, click on the board title in blue highlight. The threads that have received new postings will be in 'bold face'.

Welcome again.

Chelee
11-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi Jannokee, Welcome to the club no one wanted to join. But when it comes to dealing with Her2 breast cancer there is no better place then right here. We welcome you into our Her2 family & look forward to answering your questions, offering up support...or if your just having a bad day and want to vent...we will be here.

The 9th will be a very long day for you so it really is a good idea as Bonnie mentioned to pack some things for your day. The chemo rooms are ususally a bit chilly especially since your just sitting for hours...so dress in something comfy and cozy. The chemo rooms usally have blankets to throw over your legs if you happen to need one.
You might want to pack a small lunch of some type, along with some snacks to nibble on in case you get hungry. Take some bottled water...always stay hydrated. Your first infusion will feel like the worse...only because it's the fear of the unknown. It usually turns out to be a major relief once your done that day because it's nothing like you expected. (In a good way.) I'm glad you found us...we will all be here to help you in any way we can. Hang in there. Remember...just take one day at a time.

Chelee

ElaineM
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Welcome aboard !!
I ditto the advice about dressing warmly. Bring a sweater, wear nice warm socks, bring some snacks, water, and something to do while you are waiting.
Going to most chemo rooms is like going to Alaska.
The rooms are pretty cold for the machines and most of the medicine they put inside people comes out of a refrigerator.
Hospital departments that have alot of machines are also cold, so make sure you dress warmly for those places too. I would also advise you to wear clothes that do not have metal zippers, buttons and that sort of thing. If your clothes do not have metal you might be able to wear your own clothes under the gown for tests.
Good luck with all your treatments and tests and stay positive.

sassy
11-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Welcome Jann,

Come here anytime you need a friend, a shoulder, answers---we are all here for you anytime. If you have questions, someone will have answers. If you need to vent--we have good ears.

Sorry you had to join us, but---there is no better place no that you are "one of us".

Keep in mind---its all doable.

suzan w
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Janokee...you are right about meeting great people here in our Her2 family...for that is what we are!!! Please visit often with questions, concerns, fears, and success!!! XO Suzan

Pam P
11-30-2009, 06:18 AM
You've already gotten lots of good suggestions from others. I just want to add my support to you on the 9th and throughout your treatments. This is a great site for a wealth of information and unending compassion and encouragement. Glad you found us.

Paty
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Janokee,

We are here to give us support to one another and make this journey less 'heavy' with the kind support and information provided by all our her2 sisters, so you are welcome to this wonderful board, and do not hesistate to ask anything you may want to know. I know that you will have a lot of questions that I am sure our sisters in the board can help you with.

Paty

flynny
12-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the group and I hope you will get a lot of useful information, I know I have.

schoolteacher
12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Janokee ,

Well to our group. Please let us know how things are going.

Amelia

dawn
12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi Janokee,

Welcome, you couldn't find a better site or more support, love and encouragement anywhere else. In your darkest moments, this site with give you a ray of light and what you need to get up and go on. These women have been my beacon, even doing more for me than anti anxiety medication could. Come back and ask questions, nothing is too much. You will always find someone to answer you and give you that spark you need.

All the best,

Good Luck

Dawn

Jean
12-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Welcome to our very special family. You will receive great support and help with all and any questions.
I had TCH treatment also. So if you have any questions just reach out. Wishing you the best for Wed.

Regards,
Jean

juanita
12-18-2009, 01:12 PM
welcome to a really great place! don't be afraid to ask any questions you have!!