PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin discontinuation because of heart prob..

fullofbeans
11-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Hi there,

I have naturally a low blood pressure and 3 weeks ago I fainted for the first time (with mitigating circumstances but still) and now three week later (herceptine this week) I feel again like I can feel every pulse going through my body.

I have been on herceptine for 3 years now (until now no prob except runny nose) so I was wondering if anyone had experienced having to stop herceptin much later into their treatment. AND how long til they could be back on..

Will book an echocardiogram before next treatment I think but I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place being stage 4 and feeling that this may be keeping the beast out..

Ellie F
11-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi
I assume they have recently checked your blood for routine stuff like anaemia?
Sounds like an echo would be good. I understand they are now shifting the interval to 4 months not three.
I still feel really annoyed that we do not have a back up available here in the form of lapatinib and very irritated that NICE have again rejected it!
I am saving up in case the time comes when I may need to buy my own!
Ellie

Carrielynn
11-29-2009, 07:02 PM
I too had some heart problems, but very minor, heart valve prolapse and a minor murmur. Oncologist kept me on herceptin but did a muga every 6 to 8 weeks, My heart stayed at 72% , they were watching for dropping %. Did you do tykerb yet? This is much easier on the "ticker".

suzan w
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, dear...so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it will just turn out to be something minor and you will be back on the Herceptin Train again!!! xo Suzan