PDA

View Full Version : blessings to Chelee this Thanksgiving.

freyja
11-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Warm wishes to everyone, and my heart is with you Chelee as you heal. Hope you have a nice big warm meal today to help make up for the lack of nourishment recently.
Love, Celeste

Chelee
11-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Celeste, I am truly so touched by your message to me. I am having a rough time right now but I keep telling myself...this too will pass. This Orthopedic doctor never told me how painful this was going to be. I am just misrable and sitting here alone today. My husband took off alot of time from work during my surgery so he finally went back yesterday. Since it's Disneyland he works today too. (Disneyland employees don't get Holidays off if your scheduled to work.) So it's a very quiet Thanksgiving for me. Just me & the two furkids. lol

But I was surprised by my brother...out of the blue today he stopped by un-announced and dropped off a HoneyBaked Turkey breast for me. :) That was so sweet of him. I'm not up to standing in the kitchen or anything...but at least I was able to stand there long enough to make me a turkey sandwich...delicious. If I could just get this pain under control I would feel so much better. But for today I am just counting my blessing for all my wonderful her2 sisters...the fact I now have this femur surgery behind me...and I'm out of that darned hospital. Thanks so much for thinking of me. Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful thanksgiving and all the best that it brings with it.

(I'm keeping everyone here in my thoughts and prayers.) You all enjoy. Again...thanks so much Celeste.

karen z
11-26-2009, 07:14 PM
I am so glad that your brother stopped by. Hope you are in less pain soon.
Best,
Karen

suzan w
11-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Chelee, Glad you are home for Thanksgiving and don't have to eat turkey jello in the hospital!!! I had to work today too, I am at a kid's ski school in Taos NM and holidays are our busiest times. Heal quick!! XO Suzan

caya
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi Chelee,

Take it easy, rest all you can. Yes, this too shall pass.

all the best
caya

ElaineM
11-26-2009, 08:59 PM
I hope you are doing well and healing nicely. Take care and enjoy the holiday season.

Jackie07
11-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Yah, Chelee, enjoy the turkey. Thanks for keeping all of us in your thoughts and prayers. That was sweet of you (especially while you were in pain...) I've just read somewhere that the stuff they injected to the turkey works like a sleeping pill. So, sweet dreams - to us all. :)

Hopeful
11-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Chelee,

Thinking of you, and glad to see you feeling well enough to post. That is a great brother you have. :) Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hopeful

Sheila
11-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Chelee
So happy that you had some fun on Thanksgiving...hoping you feel better soon, know that we are all here for you, thinking of you and sending healing thoughts!!!

Joan M
11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Chelee,

I hope you felt well enough yesterday to enjoy your turkey.

Hugs,
Joan

WomanofSteel
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Chelee, hope you are pain free and less miserable soon. Happy Thanksgiving to you and blessings to all my her2 sisters and brothers.

Lien
11-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Dear Chelee,

Yes, orthopedic surgery is very painful. It's like breaking a bone: that hurts a lot too. But it will heal and pretty soon the pain will begin to subside. Take plenty of rest, drink your fluids, snuggle with your furry friends and ask everyone you know to spend a little time with you during the coming weeks. It will help pass the time.

I'm glad your brother brought you the turkey!

Thinking of you with love and respect

Hugs

Jacqueline

tricia keegan
11-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Just sending good thoughts and hugs for a speedy recovery and end to the pain Chelee, please know you are in our thoughts:)