PDA

View Full Version : Headache, Dizziness, Nausea????

Cal-Gal
11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi there---for several weeks I have been lightheaded and at times very dizzy--had headaches and tons of nausea---

No fever-etc--so I am not 'sick'

I am about 1/2 way done w/Herceptin and have fared really well---echo's, side effects etc---

Any one else had this happen on Herceptin????

BonnieR
11-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Sometimes we get so preoccupied with the cancer treatment that we forget that other things may occur that are not associated with it. At least I did. Do you have blood pressure problems? Maybe inner ear or vertigo issues? Maybe side effects from medications you are taking? Have you talked to your doctor(s) about these symptoms? I bet some detective work will figure it out and get you relief. Meanwhile, I hope you can enjoy your Thanksgiving day.
Keep the faith.

Cal-Gal
11-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks Bonnie-
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family---

No blood pressure problems--No blood sugar problems--Not on ANY meds except Herceptin--

Do not know about the inner ear thing--will have to have that checked---

Will see my Oncologist on the 11th---don't have a GP---havent used a GP in years--perhaps now is the time to find one---

Enjoy your day!!!!

I am thankful for TODAY!!!!

BonnieR
11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I just goolged the side effects to give myself a little refresher course and found that 20% of patients can have headaches, 33% nausea, a lesser % dizziness while receiving Herceptin. So that is likely the culprit. But it is always a good idea to keep on top of things because we can sometimes overlook other problems while being so preoccupied with the BIG one. My onc took over most of my care while I was on treatment. But I did get a GP to kind of be my health care manager for the long term.
I join you in being thankful for this day, and every day.
Keep the faith.
Keep us posted.

Cal-Gal
11-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks Bonnie--

The first month I was on Herceptin-I had some of this--however the last 5 months have been virtually side-effect free--I guess that it could be rounding it's way back to me?

Again, thanks and have a wonderful day--

Lien
11-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi, I think these symptoms may well be caused by something else. Have you been feeling stressed out lately? Have you worried a lot about something? Do you worry about these symptoms? Do you have allergies or sensitivities?

Hope you find your answers soon. This is not fun! I know. I've had similar symptoms for years, until I found I was sensitive to lots of foods.

Hugs

Jacqueline

Jackie07
11-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Cal-Gal,

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope you did enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner.

There is a thread called "Herceptin side effect - perceived or real" you can look up and compare notes.
Use the 'Search' button on the gold bar and just type in the first three words - it's a pretty long thread and 20, 30 members have posted their side effects there.

Hope you are feeling better soon. (You will, trust me. :) If the problem persists, be sure to tell your doctor. He/she might want to see you sooner.