PDA

View Full Version : O-O Oophorectomy

sassy
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Had the ovaries removed this morning! No problems, just a little sore.

My biggest issue is waking up with sore throat which I thought must have been from intubation, but wondering now if I'm developing something.

NO MORE LUPRON! Not at all sorry I did it, but four years is enough for anybody!

I can't count the number of times I've had to explain why I am having just my ovaries removed, from OB-GYN down. Some have understood, but most (like my surgical nurse today) just look at me like "poor thing, she doesn't have a clue what she's talking about"!

Did I say, NO MORE LUPRON!?

Jackie07
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Sassy,

Glad you have such good recovery so fast! :) No need to explain to anybody. (Tell them to do their own research if they have any questions... :)

Rest well. Oh, just remembered - seems a lot of us '49ners' are taking up drastic challenges...

Laurel
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Sheeh, I would be tired of sticking myself, too, and so would they! Congrats on your new found freedom!

ElaineM
11-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Take good care of yourself and recover well.

tricia keegan
11-25-2009, 02:41 AM
Glad this op is over for you Sassy, I felt it was the easiest surgery I ever had and have no regrets.
Recover fast and hope the sore throat eases soon:)

suzan w
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Sassy! Au Revoir Ovaries!!! It has been 3 months since I had mine removed and I can say I do not miss them one bit!!! I had a sore throat for a few days after, and it was probably from the intubation. And I also noticed some heartburn/GERD issues. I have been struggling with that since chemo and herceptin (completed 4 years ago) and so far no doc will admit a tie in to that. Hmmph. Ah well...Glad your surgery is over and I agree with Tricia...this was the easiest surgery I have ever had!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! xo Suzan

Laurel
11-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Vicki,

My onc. told me I would probably be on a Protonix for GERD for the remainder of my life post-chemo as I had s0 much trouble during chemo. Well, I visited my naturopath after chemo ended and she immediately wanted me to wean from the med. I told her I could not be in pain again and she asked me to take a high quality probiotic for a few weeks and then d/c the Protonix. After just 2 weeks of the probiotic I stopped the Protonix and have never had any further problems. I have continued taking them to this day and can even tolerate Turmeric supplements and the hottest curry dishes known to mankind! Now it did take nearly a year before I could add Turmeric caps back to my regime, fyi. I am a believer.

Joan M
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Sassy,

I'm glad your surgery went well, and that you'll not be taking Lupron any more.

Joan

WomanofSteel
11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Glad things went well with your surgery. Hope you are up to enjoying Thanksgiving with your family and friends.