PDA

View Full Version : Pathology Report- Need Help

vlcarr
11-22-2009, 10:01 PM
I recently got my path report before the clinical trial started so it's what I started out with. I've researched the board and the internet but still don't understand all of what it means. I see different things in your signatures so I know some of you are very familiar with all the tests so hoping someone can explain to me what they mean. There were 2 tumors that were biopsied:

1) Infiltrating mammary carcinoma, no special type, high combined histologic grade, intermediate proliferative rate, involving all tissue cores, associated with high grade ductal carcinoma in-situ, cribiform and micropapillary types (see comment)
2) infiltrating mammary carcinoma, no special type, high combined histologic grade, intermediate proliferative rate, with micropapillary features, involving all tissue cores, associated with high grade ductal carcinoma in-situ with central necrosis.
COMMENT: Tumor cells are negative for both estrogen and progesterone receptor

In another report it says HER-2/neu analysis reveals a HER-2/CEP17 ratio of 6.31. This is considered amplified. What is this test?

There are some other microscopic descriptions but I think I figured out it was Grade 3 but not sure the CEP17 ratio means. Is that the FISH that some of you have in your signatures?

Just trying to figure out what to ask the dr when I go on Wednesday. I know all my cancer was gone at the time of mastectomy but would like to understand what I started out with.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joe
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Vicky,
The ratio means that you are highly HER2 positive using the FISH test.
see attached file.

Regards
Joe

vlcarr
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Joe. I had not run across the info you sent me.