PDA

View Full Version : FYI - the Komen web site has a petition against the new guidelines

Sandra in GA
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I just wanted you to know that the Komen Cancer advocacy has a web site where you can join others objecting to the new guidelines; www.komenadvocacy.org (http://www.komenadvocacy.org)

hutchibk
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Fantastic, thanks Sandra.

Sandra in GA
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
You're so welcome. I just hope that a lot of people join their voices in this effort. It takes a lot of people to make a difference, but already on the news one can tell that "the powers that be" are beginning to listen.

Sandra

freyja
11-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks for posting that Sandra. I definitely want to be on that petition. Mammograms aren't perfect, but it's the best thing we've got! If they're going to take it away they better give us a better alternative first!

Patb
11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I signed it yesterday and wrote them a note
thanking them for this petition.
patb

tricia keegan
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks, I post on komen also and signed it yesterday and also sent it on to family and friends to support all my friends in the US:)

Sandra in GA
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
I want to thank all of you who have responded to this petition. There have been many more who have viewed this thread. Please don't think you have to reply. I just want you to join our voices by clicking on the address and sending a petition.

I have a 40 year old daughter and I was diagnosed without any family history and was told that this type is not heredity. I want Amy and everyone else's daughter to have access to the best there is to offer.

I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you again for signing the petition and making me feel that I have contributed positively to this board.

Your "bosum buddy",
Sandra