PDA

View Full Version : Want a laugh-I called my local congressman

margiermc
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I called my local congressman Bill Nelson in Florida -

Asked the secretary - who do I talk to regarding the new
study for mammo. guidelines,

her reply...I don't know...

I said, well I do know, and your Sen. Bill Nelson knows who...

I told her I'm 46 and was diag. with stage4 bc and went to my liver -

Her reply... "Are You Still Alive?"

I said...."I'm talking to You, Aren't I"...

I said...good bye, and hung up.

Tomorrow, I am going to see Glenn Beck - get his book signed,

called...."Arguing with Idiots"

Never - did I agree more - not so much interested in reading the book, but, the title means everything after, calling these people
that were voted for ---

Today, they announced -- screening for cervical cancer, not
necessary until age 21.

What a joke, girls are having sex at age 12 - I know I'm a teacher.

WELCOME to Government HEALTH RATION REFORM

This will be continued....

Laurel
11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Okay, Margie, had to laugh at the "are you still alive?" Wish you would have said, "No, I'm dialing from the great beyond, dumb a--! Still, I must caution you just a bit here on the remainder of your post. There are survivors here who are not interested in politics or even the news of the day, and we must be respectful of their positions. This cannot become a Hatfields and McCoys site, polarized like our nation.

Now, please understand I do not wish to alienate you, either. Your posts are heartfelt, and as with this one, injected with some humor and downright funny.

I must admit, when I read your first few lines of this thread I pictured the secretary, played by Annie Potts, in the movie Ghost Busters on the other end of the line.

MJo
11-21-2009, 05:08 AM
I'm sorry about your congressman's staff person. I'm lucky in that my legistors have good staff. I may not agree with my congressman, but I know he's got a very smart team of people working with him. You may have run into one bad apple who isn't representative of your Congressman's staff.

tdonnelly
11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I hate when i tell someone i have bc and they ask how do you feel?

Many people are not educated to our her2+ bc

i too read a recent article on the age for first mammogram-no way many women here and at komen are younger everyday.

My daughter colleen have symptoms of cervical cancer not quite sure but with my history i dont know.

She is afraid and already said she wants no part of the treatments we all have been through.

Tami