PDA

View Full Version : Stefanie Spielman dies after 12-yr. battle with bc

Audrey
11-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm so sad to learn today that Stefanie Spielman has died at 42--some of you may know her as the wife of the former OSU and NFL football star, Chris Spielman. Here in Ohio, she was famous for her public battle with breast cancer and for raising millions of dollars for research for this disease. What I most remember about her is that she was one of the first women to have a baby while taking Herceptin--people didn't know what effect Herceptin might have on pregnancy, but everything turned out fine (and she had a little girl named Audrey)--Anyway, too many women (and men) are still dying too young from this disease & why does it always seem to be the best & the brightest who are taken?

tricia keegan
11-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Audrey, I'm not familier with her name but sad to hear of another sister losing the fight to this awful disease far too soon:(

Ellie F
11-21-2009, 05:16 AM
I will certainly second what Tricia has said.This lady was very young at diagnosis and has no doubt fought a long, and difficult fight. We must not give up on our joint efforts to beat this disease! It has already taken to long and to many!
Ellie

swimangel72
11-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you Audrey for posting this news - it saddens me to learn that another sister has passed - and knowing she left a baby behind breaks my heart. I hope and pray her family will be OK - and that all the millions of dollars she raised for BC will go towards true research for better diagnostic tools and a CURE!

Faith in Him
11-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Very sad. I wish her family well.

Brenda_D
11-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Very sorry to hear that. Way too young.

Ruth
11-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Ah Audrey...I remember her well. Didn't her husband stop playing to be with her? I remember him shaving his head in support. This is so sad. She was my age :-(
Hugs ~ Ruth