PDA

View Full Version : Doing OK

alicem
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
I had surgery for Part II of my breast reconstruction this morning in Houston. NEED to have my "girls" match you know, as well as two nipples, not one. ;)

Things went well - except for the pain. Regular pain medication did not control it, so that means one night in the hospital. I don't mind it though because the food is good and the staff is absolutely wonderful!! The 3 hour ride back to Austin is probably better doing it tomorrow instead of this afternoon. Maybe I can even help Mark drive!!! LOL, j/k. I complicated things by tripping and falling this morning on my sister-in-law's front sidewalk. (More like a head first slide into first base) I ended up with road rash on my upper left thigh, my left knee and abrasions on my left inside palm & outer right palm. This probably contributed to the pain issue.

p.s. It's nice to have Mark's laptop and a wireless connection in my room!!

Laurel
11-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Glad your surgery went so well. It's nice to have the nipples, looks more natural. Thank goodness there are smart young kids who went to school to learn how to give us back a semblance of our former selves. I am grateful.

Good luck with the healing process. May it be quick and painless.

StephN
11-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Glad things went well, once they got you on your feet again!

Hope the ride home is smooth and comfortable. I always feel every bump and crack in the road coming home after a surgery ... and I only have 20 to 30 minutes.

Hope to see you soon.

Lori R
11-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Alice,
Congrats!!! Must feel good to be closer to pre-cancer days. I hope you are pleased with the final results.

Keep us posted.

Lori

Mary Jo
11-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Alice,

Glad your surgery went well BUT OUCH to that fall you took. Thank God some "road rash" is all you ended up with.

I had bilateral DIEP reconstruction in June of 2008 so know of reconstruction. However, bilateral DIEP meant 5 days in the hospital....YUCK.

Praying you heal well and the pain lessons each day.

Love and GENTLE hugs,

Mary Jo

ElaineM
11-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Take good care of yourself during your recovery.
I hope the pain gets less and less everyday until there is not pain.