PDA

View Full Version : US Preventative Task Force

margiermc
11-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I tried to call this task force at 301-427-1364 there is no answer. They are used by clinicians, medical doctors and insurance co. its www.ahqr.org (http://www.ahqr.org)
It's been organized since 2006, its members are selected by the members of the US Gov., they are a team of researchers. I also called Susan Love Office at
1-866-569-0388 - no answer.

Funny - nobody is around to give answers - they come out with statements and research, but no availability.

I called my local sen. office - Bill Nelson, I asked for a letter regarding his stand on this - they do not know what I was talking about.

There statement is mammo does not save lives. No Kidding!
We all know, its a screening for an early detection - a heart ekg does not save one from a heart attack, but it lets the doctor know if they are having one.

So, I believe this information will be given to the insurance companies, because on the webpage, it said that it is used by doctors and ins. co., and we will see lots of denials, not only for mammograms but for other health screenings.

Welcome - to the Government Run Health Care! A Change you will never forget!

Dcis
met to liver
NED in 10 wks
vaccine
Running Strong - Doing Well - Fighting A Disease
Age 46
Mother of two
Son 19 - will be 2nd Lt. in Airforce, Engineer Aerospace
Daughter 18 - Nursing School
me - Teacher
We all attended University of South Florida
we are no dummies, we know whats going on - and
we will vote accordingly!

Because this will be a polital agenda, don't be fooled,
Fight for the Cure - Let's not drift back to the Stone Age.
Women all around the country are getting cancer earlier than 50 - the mammograms finds the cancer - not
prevent it - who paid this task force for such findings, please don't tell me our tax dollars.
What an outcry!

Rich66
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I just laugh at the idea of a preventative "task force" recommending decreased vigilance. I guess they don't like the task. Cancer in younger patients is kind of a problem. I haev talked to a support group organmizer who says it can be hard to get timely diagnostics because docs think their age precludes them and they chalk everythig up to something else. I've heard stories of young patients having to push very hard to get their cancer diagnosed a long time after suspecting it...sometimes at an advanced stage.

Hopeful
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
The changes to the guidelines would not affect these young women, as I assume they are under age 40 and would not be dependent on screening, but rather diagnostic mammograms, which are covered by insurance. The problem is in getting the doctors to order the diagnostic, due to their own biased thinking that bc is a disease that doesn't affect the young.

Hopeful