PDA

View Full Version : Surgery tomorrow so I'll be gone for a bit...

Chelee
11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
I've went thur heck and back trying to get all the pre-ops done for this femur surgery tomorrow. (Wednesday 18th) I've had so many obstacles thrown in my way to prevent this from happening!! (It was unreal and CRUEL.) Another LONG story that I won't bore you with.

But tomorrow at 1:30 PM I should be having my femur surgery and I'm a bit nervous. I pray everything goes ok because if not it will DELAY my chemo again. He said 14 days and I should be fine as long as a bone doesn't break during the surgery or any number of things that can happen. (Sometimes I wish they didn't have to tell you all the risks prior too the surgery...just more to worry about.)

I had to see the City of Hopes doctors today for pulmonary check, lung function test, etc. Pulmonary doc did feel my clavical node I was worried about and he did say YES it feels full in there. (Great!) Plus when I got home the node in my rt. axilla that showed on PET scan is now larger! It feels really big today and it hurts to touch it. Now I'm really worried about doing this surgery. Its going to be OVER 2 months since I was told of my recurrence with NO chemo. (Just herceptin/Zometa) Obviously herceptin alone is not doing it...which I knew it wouldn't. My onc and everyone still says I should do the surgery first...but I now I feel like I should of done chemo first. :(

I'll be away from the computer a few days...stuck in hospital. Not sure if I can have my small laptop up there..but I will ask. :) All good thoughts and prayers will be much appreciated. You guys all take are of yourselves and behave till I bet back. lol

Hugs to all of you!

Chelee

Cannon
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Chelee,

I am praying for an easy surgery, a quick recovery, and loving care from all those rotten doctors!

You have fought everyone and everything to get to this point - try to let go of "should have" and look forward to the next fight.

I wish I could do more, but I am thinking of you.

Rebecca

vlcarr
11-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Chelee,

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I know you've been through so much and you must be exhausted. Take good care of yourself and will be looking for an update to let us know how you are doing.

Sending a big hug your way!

ElaineM
11-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Good luck, crossed fingers and a prayer coming your way for your surgery and recovery. Get lots of rest, and good, healthy food, so you will be ready for chemo in two weeks.
Take good care of yourself.

whatz
11-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Chelee,
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Waiting to hear back from you. Take care!

Sandra in GA
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM
My prayers are with you for a successful surgery and rapid healing. Just remember, "If you're going through hell, keep going!" That quote was on a get well card I received when I was in the mist of chemo. For some reason, that is the one I would always dig out and read again when I got down. To me, it means that you sure don't want to get stuck in hell, so you have to keep moving. That is what I see that you have done through all of this. I have read all of you posts and I assure you, most people would have already given up. Not you Chellee!! You have pushed and shoved your way to this surgery. Know that it is what you should be doing now. The chemo will take care of your other problems when you get it in ONLY two weeks. Take care, be peaceful, and know that many of us are sending up prayers tomorrow as you get that femur fixed.

((((((Chelee))))))) Those are hugs for you!
Remember......Keep going!!

v-ness
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
good for you, chelee. i've been following your story and glad you are getting your surgery ASAP. fingers crossed that you can get your chemo quickly thereafter and that all goes well! valerie

Unregistered
11-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Good luck! Congratulations on actually getting the surgery scheduled. You might consider holding the Zometa until your leg heals. That was what my onc advised me to do when I broke my big toe in a stupid accident.

All the best!

Jill

suzan w
11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Best to you, dear Chelee!!! xo Suzan

Jackie07
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Glad to see the smiley face at the end of your message. It is very important to go in there with a positive attitude. Ever since I read the book 'Head First' by Dr. Norman Cousin in 1990, I remind myself constantly about 'the power of positive thinking' that Dr. Vincent Peale had preached long, long time ago. Dr. Cousin detailed how physiological evidence (Endorphin - the 'happy hormone' that boosts our immune system)was 'in' to validate the power of 'positive thinking'.

Best wishes to you, my dear 'sister'. With these many 'positive' warriors lining up behind you, there's nothing 'we' can not conquer!

hutchibk
11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Love, prayers and best wishes Chelee.

Margerie
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
I hope that after surgery that you Chelee, the bionic woman (at least a femur), will get some hot pink boxing gloves to take to your appointments to kick some MD and some cancer butt!!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and many hugs to you!

karen z
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Chelee,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong for your forthcoming chemo.
K

Faith in Him
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Praying for an easy and quick recovery for you.

Joan M
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Chelee,

Hurry back! I will miss you and your persistence in having your voice heard.

I'm praying for an uneventful surgery and your quickly getting back to your chemo schedule.

Sending you a lot of hugs,

Joan

Chelee
11-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Big thanks to everyone here for the thoughts, prayers & support I've received when I really needed it. I so appreciate so much. I have a big day tomorrow so I'm off to bed...hope I can sleep. But Vicky is right...I'm exhausted....hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep fast.
Again...thanks...you guys are great! I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers also.

Chelee

harrie
11-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Chelee.....Can't wait for you to get back!! Will be thinking and praying for you!! Remember we are all there with you! Rest up and blessings to you.
Love, Maryanne

ammebarb
11-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Chelee, I know you won't see this before your surgery, but wanted to say that I've sent along a prayer and will look forward to hearing that you have done your surgery and are healing well. You have been in battle mode for such a while....I hope that during your recovery from your surgery, you can just rest and know that you will reenter the battle when you are physically able. You are doing everything that you can do right now. Gentle hugs to you.

Barb A.

Brenda_D
11-18-2009, 07:13 AM
I will be thinking about you Chelee and hoping everything goes well for you.

tricia keegan
11-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Holding you in my thoughts and prayers Chelee. xx

schoolteacher
11-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Chelee,

I will also be thinking about you and praying for you. I hope your surgery goes well.

Amelia

chrisy
11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Chelee -

Thinking of you, and sending prayers and angels to love and protect you as you recover from SUCCESSFUL surgery. Take care of yourself; and take heart that you are at last moving forward on your treatment plans.

Much love
chris
chris

IRENE FROM TAMPA
11-18-2009, 12:20 PM
thinking of you my friend. I am sure you will come thru your surgery with flying colors.

Take care.

Shobha
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Praying and sending healing thoughts your way, Chelee. You are on the road to recovery!

God bless you!

hugs,
shobha

Lien
11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Dear Chelee,

I hope your surgery will be uneventful and that you heal fast. I'm holding my breath until we hear from you again. Could your husband give us an update?

Hugs!

Jacqueline

Laurel
11-18-2009, 08:50 PM
All the best, Chelee. Keeping you in my prayers. You are a fighter, girl!

alicem
11-18-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm praying that you heal quickly as well. You will be in my prayers.

Alice