PDA

View Full Version : Responding to messages

Lien
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Something Chelee wrote made me think about this. When we write, we sometimes just want to vent, or we want information, but almost always we want to be acknowledged. So even if nobody has any practical information, we need to know that we have been heard.

I'm glad Chelee pointed this out. We have no body-language on this forum, so we don't see the concern, the compassion, the love and friendship that surrounds us when we are in a tough situation. We need words to express those feelings, even though it's sometimes hard to find the right words.

If there are no words, the person who posted may feel very lost and isolated and alone.

Jacqueline

SoCalGal
11-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Nodding my head in agreement.
Flori

Chelee
11-15-2009, 01:10 AM
That's two of us nodding our heads. :) You make a very good point. It is very important to the newly dx, and even those of us that have been around a while. Many of us don't have anyone to talk to about things like this. Thanks Jacqueline.

Chelee

Sheila
11-15-2009, 06:07 AM
I agree...there are many times I read a post, and if I dont feel I have something of value to add or an answer, i write nothing, when just a show of understanding and support would help the person so much!
Thanks for the reminder.

suzan w
11-15-2009, 09:09 AM
I hear ya!! xo suzan

vlcarr
11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
I agree. We all need to feel encouragement and caring.

Catherine
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
I too, do not respond much. Lots of times I really have nothing to add. I get it, thanks for bringing this up.

Catherine

Shobha
11-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I am so glad you mentioned this...I did get diffident about posting since most of the time I could only offer prayers and good wishes. I have not learnt enough about this crazy disease to offer any advice.

hugs,
shobha

schoolteacher
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I agree with you too.

Amelia

Bill
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Very good point, Lien. I often read alot of posts, but don't have any answers or good advice, so I remain silent. On a slight tangent, I feel very close to so many of you, and when my time is limited, I don't respond to some posts for fear that I may offend others by not responding to theirs. I wish I had the time to respond to all. Love and prayers to you all, Bill

Paty
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I totally agree with you all. Sometimes I do not know how to express my concern to you girls as my first language is not English. I certainly learn about you all and read your posts and keep you in my mind and pray for you, even when I do not express myself on the board. I will make sure that you know that I am here with youl. My love to you all.

tricia keegan
11-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Lien, thanks for mentioning a good point, I seldom have scientific wisdon to share like Lani and other's but do care so much about everyone here. I do try to send good wishes but feel it's not enough. Wish I had more knowledge to help, but I think even a reply with good wishes or vibes is something that a person can relate to rather than no response:)