PDA

View Full Version : Her2 "SISTERS"

DonnaD
11-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Sheila and I attended Survivor's Day at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago where we are treated. It was a wonderful day. We enjoyed a nice lunch, entertainment and time to celebrate life with our families, doctors, nurses and friends.

This site brought us together. I will be enternally greatful for the friendship we share.

Thanks Joe and Christine!!
Donna

Chelee
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Donna, I'm sitting here laughing too. You two really are Her2 sisters and you both think alike! The only major difference is you cropped the photo and it's more of a close up. lol You two must of had a ball. (Is Shelia the only one that managed to get a Herceptin blanket...where's yours?) If you didn't get one you could cut hers in half and share it. :) (I'm just saying!)

Chelee

DonnaD
11-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Nope, her 2 sis will not have to share her blankey. I got one also! Nice but not as good as those darn cookies.

I have not been posting much lately but I have been lurking. I do keep up with you and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have a date for surgery?

Donna

tricia keegan
11-02-2009, 10:51 AM
You both look great and so glad you enjoyed the day!

Btw, whats a herceptin blanket???

Cal-Gal
11-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes--concur w/Tricia--what is a HER2 Blanket??

Cal-Gal
11-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Fabulous and beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!

tricia keegan
11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Cal -Gal,

Glad I'm not the only one who did'nt know this, I felt it was a bit of a silly question lol...

Ruth
11-02-2009, 01:19 PM
What a cute pic! Chelee is right ya'll look alike and look so happy!
I got a Her2 blanket mailed to me when I did a survey with Genentech but I don't know if this is the one she is talking about. I know some pharm reps were giving them out too.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Chelee
11-02-2009, 01:25 PM
When Donna & Shelia went to their Survivor's day they were given gifts...one of them happened to be a pink "Herceptin Blanket". I had read Shelia's post first and I thought only Shelia got one. Later I found Donna's post & I find out they both got one. So I'm sure Genentech supplied these to hand out. So I was teasing Donna...I thought only Shelia got one...had that been the case I was just making a suggestion that they could cut Shelia's in half and share it. (I'm always trying to help.) :)

Chelee

vlcarr
11-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Great picture of 2 beautiful and inspiring ladies!

Cal-Gal
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Tricia-
Not a silly question!!!

--I now want one!!! infact we should all have them-if we want them---

Mary Anne in TX
11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I love that you two got to do this together! too cute for words!

tricia keegan
11-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Hmmm, I think everyone who did herceptin should get one!
Thanks for the explanation Chelee)

Sheila
11-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Chelee, you are right, it is a fleece blanket...the drug companies supply them,,they had Taxotere Blankets, Emend, Abraxane....but Donna and I got the lovely pink herceptin blankets...they must have known we have probably paid for a factory or 2 to make them!

They are really nice though! Hope you can see it, its still in the wrapper!

chicagoetc
11-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Sheila and Donna,

Nice posts from BOTH of you. Looks like you had fun. (You deserve it!) Nice pictures too...

Melanie

PS: Sheila let us know when you hear re the T-DM1 trial...and, if so, whether or not you can get it at Loyola.

StephN
11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
That special day is really nice of your cancer center. We don't have anything like that! Wonderful report and pix. What a tag team!

Neat that you got Herceptin blankies. I got one a few years ago from the Genentech rep at my cancer center. Actually got 2 and sent one to another member here.

Here are Tiptoe and Tex on mine. By the way, where ARE they???