stage 4 - I know it can go to cervical nodes - my niece is a nurse
checked me out last night said, come and goes, not cancer but
looked at my gums and said, I need to get to a dentist, looks
like gum disease (i have not been to a dentist). I have been really
depressed - does anyone have anything familiar, or heard of
something like this? thanks margie

BonnieR
10-31-2009, 07:47 PM
It sounds reassuring that the professionals are not seeing anything. I think once we have cancer, we associate everything with that. But other stuff still happens to us that is completed unrelated. Seeing a dentist sounds like a plan. Maybe it is a jaw issue. What do your doctors recommend you do about this?

margiermc
10-31-2009, 08:02 PM
I've decided to go to my family doc., it seems like I get pain more and more now and think is this cancer? It feels like a stabbing pain under my jaw, not happy with this feeling. I'm discouraged.

Sherryg683
10-31-2009, 08:26 PM
It takes awhile for us stage IV's to not think cancer, everytime we get a new pain. I have so many chronic random pains since my diagnosis, and each time thought the worse. I had and still get terrible pains where my liver, gallbladder is that's been going on since the middle of chemo. I've had every scan available done and still nothing. So now when I get it, I don't really worry too much about it. Pains in my neck come and go, back, you name it. I had to have nerve blocks done for residual pain from 8 months of shingles. My point is, it's normal to worry..go have it checked out to rule out anything. That way you will know what your new "normal" is. You will get to a point where when that familar pain pops up, you will know it's most likely nothing and won't freak out...sherryg683

margiermc
11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
thankyou for all responding - today, I have do not have any pain in neck area - it's gonna come to a point where I cannot freak out over things, but I will not ignore it, doctor and dentist, is important - I will follow up this week let you know how it turns out.