PDA

View Full Version : I fainted for the first time in my life..

fullofbeans
10-30-2009, 12:04 PM
I wobbled for a while then I cannot remember anything but my friend said my eyes rolled up and fell flat in my face, yes I have a big bruise and it is painfull to smile or eat (chew) now..

I have naturally low blood pressure and I had just finished doing intensive sport trainning (capoeira) then we went with the team in the pub and I had half a pint.. then I fainted..

Any idea.. do you think herceptin could be to blame for my heart not pumping enough blood.. not done my muga for a while.. I am doing sport ect.. and do not feel the need to check since never have problem running ect..

Any idea team?

BonnieR
10-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I routinly had echocardiograms every 3 months while on the year of Herceptin.
But you describe a combination of things that may have ganged up on you at once...the exertion, the pint, the hypotension. Still, fainting should not be taken lightly.
Do you have your BP checked? I have a BP cuff at home because mine is elevated.
Are you on medications that may be interacting? Or maybe that were intensified by the alcohol.
What does your doctor say? You probably should have your jaw checked out too.
Alot of things to be considered. Let us know
Keep the faith.

tricia keegan
10-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Sounds like a combination of things to me too, I'd be more concerned if this happened while you were relaxing for the day.
However, it would'nt hurt to have it checked out, I almost fainted once and it's a very unpleasant experience and hope this was a once off for you:)

margiermc
10-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear this - I often feel faint - just think its because of the comb. of vaccine and herceptin - so,
I lay down and rest before this happens. I did go to
hosp. with chest pains but I was ok. Last week at
herceptin for the first time - I felt like I could not breath,
but got better. Sometimes, I think (in my case) its
nerves - I'am always worried and can't seem to get past this - margie

MJo
11-01-2009, 07:14 AM
I didn't faint on Herceptin, but I remember feeling lightheaded in a way I had never felt before and haven't felt since ending treatment. Certaintly you should discuss with your oncologist, but I agree with Tricia.