PDA

View Full Version : H1ni

jmihay
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
My oncologist office says all those on active chemo are eligible for the H1N1
shot. Does that include those of us taking Herceptin? If so where does one get it? Neither my oncologist nor my GP has any yet.

whatz
10-30-2009, 12:03 PM
My onc advised against the H1N1 shot yesterday for me. She is not taking it and has some reserves about the safety on the shot since it came fairly quickly to the market (as she put it). I'm still on active chemo as well.

jmihay
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
I am no authority, but my onc prescribed for all taking chemo and for me on Herceptin only..
Joan M.

Yorkiegirl
11-04-2009, 06:33 AM
I was just at my Primary Care doctor yesterday, and while I have been off treatment for awhile. I did get the regular Flu Shot in September, BUT come October I got the H1N1 Flu, and it was horrible. She said I could have the H1N1 Flu Vac if I wanted it, but did advise me since I already got the dang H1N1 Flu I would be Ok. She her self is not taking it since, say's she needs more info on it.

hutchibk
11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
From what I understand, getting H1N1 Flu doesn't protect you from getting it again.

My onc's office is not offering the shot. He suggested I get it, but I needed to go to a GPs office.

Cancer patients (current or previous) SHOULD NOT get the nasal mist.

I am not sure I plan to get the shot. If I do, I plan to order the single dose vial that is produced without Thimerasol. I have heard that mostly Pediatricians will have the single dose.

It is all so confusing it makes my head spin.