PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting...

ammebarb
04-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi everyone. My sister had a lab, checking cancer markers and has found out that they are within normal range. She also had a PET scan last Monday and is still waiting to hear about that. A call to the oncologist's office at the end of the week revealed that he is on vacation, so she is still waiting. She has decided to have the additional surgery on lymph since there were two micro spots in the sentinel node. That surgery is also on hold, probably until the oncologist reviews the PET. The waiting is hard, as I'm sure you all understand. She is planning on going on vacation with us to the shore in early May, provided her treatment plan doesn't interfere. Thank you so much for your replies. I'll be writing again as soon as we know anything more.

Barb A.

ammebarb
04-14-2009, 10:52 AM
My sis got PET scan results yesterday. She now knows that her PET scan was clear and her markers were within normal bounds. She saw the surgeon this morning and is hoping to schedule her next surgery on lymph for next Monday.

Needless to say, we are all relieved at this bit of good news and now she can get her treatment plan in gear.

I'll have a CT scan next week as part of my treatment plan for first stage endometrial cancer. Hopefully, we'll be relieved enough to have a good vacation at the shore before she begins her chemo.

Thank you so much for being here. It is so good to have a place to talk, where everyone understands the uncertainty and the fear. Bless you all.

Barb A.

ElaineM
04-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I hope your scan results are as good as your sisters.
Take care.

ammebarb
04-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm trying, as we all do, not to be nutsy about this scan. I had a recent good PAP and that helps some. It was good of you to send good wishes. I hope the same for you!

Barb A.

Mary Anne in TX
04-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Best wishes, Barb!!!!

ammebarb
04-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I appreciate your replying. Wishing you well, too.

Barb A.

Believe51
04-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Barb, I am sending more smiles your way this sunny spring morning (I think it is spring anyway). So happy to keep getting your updates, you and sis are so blessed to have one another. Wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you both.>>Believe51

ammebarb
04-15-2009, 07:05 AM
I told my sis about this group recently and we are both so grateful for the kindness and support you all offer. I now keep this group's members in my prayers.

Hope you can enjoy the dawning of Spring where you are. It's been cloudy, cold and damp here for days now, but is supposed to become much better tomorrow and for the next few days. Hubby is planning to take a dear grandson fishing on Sat. One of the perks of Spring in Pennsylvania!

Barb A.

Believe51
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Got that right Barb, for a while I lived in the Pocono Mountains and simply adored it. I missed the ocean too much and needed to get back to the water. If I think hard enough, at times I can still remember how the warm springs felt on my skin.

Remember that you are both in my prayers too. Together we stand.>>Believe51