PDA

View Full Version : What Do Women Really Want?

Joe
03-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I have pondered this question many times. Usually around the holidays, Valentimes Day, Mother's Day, and Birthdays.

I would like to start a list of gifts that most women who are bc survivors would really appreciate on these occasions.

Regards
Joe

ElaineM
03-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I would like others to aknowledge the fact that I have survived so long. Maybe a card, a meal in a restaurant or do something special together.
Otherwise, I would like someone else to pay one medical bill, so I don't have to.

vickie h
03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Good question, Joe.
I would love a piece of art, a drawing from a grandchild (framed) or a wonderful book. Someone gave me a beautiful leather-bound journal that I have been writing in and I cherish it.
A gourmet meal in a great restaurant or a piece of poetry.

Love, Vickie

Mary Anne in TX
03-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Flowers are still my very favorite, but eating out for a special meal follows close on the heels of flowers. ma

karen z
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM
A gift card to a spa so that someone could get a massage, manicure, pedicure, facial..........or just be pampered in some way.

fauxgypsy
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
To be more understanding of the uncertainty we all face. Failing that, plants for my garden would be a close second. Or garden art. Help in the garden would always be appreciated (hope my grandchildren hear this). Truly, when I was in chemo my grand children were a great help.

karen z
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I like fauxgypsy's idea. Plants for the garden and garden art, gentle chimes sound great. Perhaps some help creating a little garden sanctuary or two if none exist at the moment. Also, I have been enjoying being out in nature more and more. Perhaps a weekend excursion where one can stay in a cabin, hike, just be outside and enjoy nature.

Jackie07
03-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Take over the housework...(forever :)

notamrnpsn
03-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I love it when my husband gives me a foot and leg massage. A nice meal out at a nice restuarant works too., Jeanette

Rich66
03-15-2009, 10:09 PM
What No reference to chocolate? ;)