PDA

View Full Version : Article on IBC Breast Cancer

Joe
12-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Inflamatory Breast Cancer - A Complex Disease (http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1360045)

vickie h
12-18-2008, 11:45 AM
For this information. I am coming up on 5 years as a survivor...something my first Onc thought was out of the question. Though I still battle mets and have been in chemo for all 5 years, I am still here and so grateful for all the info you give us, and all the wonderful sisters and brothers at this site. Much gratitude and love, vickie

Believe51
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Vickie, thanks for this post. You inspire such hope and strength to Ed and I!! You keep 'em coming girl. Let's show the old statistics wrong!!>>Believe51

vickie h
12-18-2008, 09:43 PM
You tell Ed that they gave me "maybe a year" at the beginning. That was 5 years ago this coming February. There are so many trials coming up and advances I've seen in the past five years, that I feel I am in another world now. Back when I started, you had to be in a trial to get Herceptin, as it wasn't approved by insurance then unless you had stage 4 metastatic Her2 positive BC. We've come so far...Ed, you hang in there with you Mighty Oak and all
things are possible. You continue to be in my prayers always. Your sister in love, Vickie

jazaibi
03-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Inflammatory breast cancer is a rare and aggressive breast cancer that can cause the breast to appear red and swollen, giving the appearance of inflammation. In the United States, diagnoses of IBC account for one to 5 percent of all cases of breast cancer. Compared to other forms of breast cancer, inflammatory breast cancer tends to strike younger women. When IBC is diagnosed, it is found in young African Americans more often than in Caucasians. Men who are diagnosed with IBC are older on average than female patients. IBC is often mistaken for other conditions.