PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful white shephard took on a skunk!

Terri B
10-17-2008, 07:25 PM
And LOST!!!

I'm sitting here soooo upset. she's going to have to sleep out on the porch all night. :(

sassy
10-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Terri,

Our Boykin Spaniel had the same experience this spring. He still has a distinct aroma when he gets wet!

Bill
10-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh no! Is it true that if you bathe them in tomato juice it takes the smell away? or is that just a rumour started by those evil tomato juice companies? Luckily, I've never had to try that one.

Colleens_Husband
10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I've had several dogs which were blessed with the eau de skunque. Tomato juice doesn't work. Special shampoo they have at the vets doesn't work. Nothing works. Rover may have to spend a week or two on the porch.

juanita
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
we used dawn dishsoap the one time our chow got it. he's an outside dog anyway so i have to say i can't remember if it completely got rid of the smell. maybe just most of it.

Terri B
10-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I went to Petsmart and bought some "natures remedy". It's not a shampoo really, but you squirt it on full thrength and work it into the coat. It worked like a CHARM people. Remember this!

Chilly still has a little lingering odor, but you have to get up really really close to smell it.