PDA

View Full Version : Check Your Voter Registration!!!!!

Terri B
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Here is my PSA for the year!!!

Make sure your voter registration is good! DO NOT ASSUME that it is okay since you have a voter registration card, or you voted last election with no problems.

I am looking at my voter registration card that I received two years ago THE SAME DAY that my husband did. He is in the system, but I'm not!! I had to fax my registration card in and they are investigating it!
<O:p<O:p
The local link for Arkansas is http://www.votenaturally.org/

<O:p<O:p</O:pFor other states, you should be able to find it through your secretary of states office.<O:p

hutchibk
10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
And please, vote only once. Regardless what ACORN might tell you to do.

Sheila
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh Brenda...they are throwing fits over Acorn in Indiana...seems they registered Jimmy Johns (the name of a sub sandwich shop) used the business as an address, not to mention the dead peopkle who they have registered...what a mess.

chrisy
10-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh come on, Sheila, registering dead people in Illinois is a fine old tradition! I hadn't heard it had spread over the border. But I guess there is a general uproar all over the country over this - the last one I heard about was somebody registering pro football teams...

It's so important that every eligible voter has the opportunity to be heard...and to not be disenfranchised by some dead person.

So, all you eligible ones, make sure your registration is in order, as Terri says! And all you dead ones, for heaven's sake stay put.

I got my sample ballots yesterday - so I take that as a good sign that I AM duly registered (and not dead)

hutchibk
10-10-2008, 04:22 PM
I forgot to register my cat and apparently I shoulda let that guy in the van drive me to register last week, and taken the cigs and $$ that he was doling out. I coulda registered myself about 74 times. That woulda made for a busy Nov. 4, standing in 74 different lines, etc etc...

I just have to say how disgusted I am that there are those who would sell their souls and trade their integrity for the sake of a political candidate winning an election. And I am not talking about only those who took the cigs and $$, but also those who created the scheme of cigs and $$ and fraudulent registrations. ACORN would be an entire organization that personifies that corrupt, immoral mentality. That just speaks volumes to me about how the whole corrupt 2 party political process has worked to manipulate voters and turn "of the people, by the people, and for the people" on it's ear. The parties have turned their agendas, power-grabs, narcissim and corruption into a devisive blood sport and sadly, "the people" have bought into the "my team" mentality. "Anything goes" rules. It's become bloodier and uglier than European Football fans.

Colleens_Husband
10-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I am Colleen's Husband and I approve this message.

First off, 'dead people' conveys an unnecessarily negative connotation. I prefer to call them the 'metaphysically challenged'. Furthermore, if you can't do something as simple as rigging an election, how can you honestly say you are prepared to deal with the politicians in Washington DC? There are some basic skill sets that every president requires and rigging the election is one of those skills. Of course, if they were good politicians they wouldn't get caught. I'm just saying........

hutchibk
10-11-2008, 12:22 AM
hear hear!

SoCalGal
10-11-2008, 12:32 AM
had to log in just to say Lee - you gave me a GOOD laugh. Great opening line...one of these days I'd like to hear from Colleen. Just sayin'

Terri B
10-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Dang, Ya'll,

I simply started a thread to do a good deed. I didn't mean to start a political firestorm.

hutchibk
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
huh? political firestorm? where? someone call a firetruck!

Joe
10-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Our entire family voted a week ago. Now when candidates call the house, I simply say I voted !!

If they pursue it and ask who I voted for, I always say the other guy.

Regards
Joe

StephN
10-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Good for you, Joe! We only get recorded phone messages ...

Hey - where can I register my four dead cats???

Seriously, we have been voting by mail since it was instituted out here in the Misty Woods - maybe 10-12 or more years ago, I forget.

Got our ballots and Voter's Pamphlet last week. So, no standing in line at the local elementary or middle school or figuring out how the newfangled voting machines work or if my ballot counted.

Absentee ballots get counted after the others so our state may not have the results as immediately as the national media would like. BUT, the counting gets done as soon as humanly possible.

chrisy
10-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Terri - I just have to say that when I FIRST read your post, I thought you were getting a PSA test. I thought - OMG, now I have a higher risk of Prostate cancer too!

So, thankfully it was not that!

hutchibk
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
All I can say is please vote early, but NOT often - as Acorn might pay you to do.

juanita
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
i'll see when i go, but the last time we voted presidential my father-in-law's name was still there and he died 10 years ago.