PDA

View Full Version : Update on me

Bill
09-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Team! Just wanted to let y'all know that my "people" have told me it's time to move again. All I can say is that I have been relocated to the Northeast corridor area for the time being. It seems that my particular skill-sets are needed up that way. In ten days or so, I have to drop off the grid for about 3 weeks. After 1Nov., I'll be back, and I will still be "Bill". I'm going to miss you all during that time, and I will still be praying for you and thinking of you often. Continue to "fight the good fight". Love, Bill

chrisy
09-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Bill, We'll miss ya, for sure. Thanks for letting us know, because you KNOW we would take it personally and wonder what we did wrong...then we'd all start apologizing like mad and begging you to please please come back.

Your new avatar makes me nervous...I'll be keeping an eye on CNN for stories out of the "northeast corridor"

Keep your powder dry and don't eat any fake hostess cupcakes.

We'll have to rely on Lee to keep us going...

Hurry back!
Chris

Bill
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Chrisy, I'm sorry you feel nervous about the avatar, but please don't worry, nothing will be on CNN. (And please realise, when you were here in Richmond, you were safer than if you were at home all tucked into bed. My "friends" and I wouldn't let anything happen)

hutchibk
09-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Bill - whatever it is that you and "your friends" do to take care of things and keep people safe... Thank you.

I am accustomed to the mystery-man life a little... my dad was an international man of mystery, who spent a life time on and off "the grid" and trying to keep us all safe.

We can't wait for you to come back soon! We will miss ya!

Bill
09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Chris, I'm sorry my new avatar makes you feel nervous. Did I throw too much darkness into the sky? My "handlers" said I could act up a little bit since I'm relocating. Did you notice that when we first rounded the corner into the alley on our walk that there was a certain person walking towards us, and then ten minutes later, that same person was suddenly in a wheelchair panhandling, with a few "modifications", sure. Remember when I gave him a "few bucks", and said "good luck, buddy" , what you didn't know was that if I gave him less than five bucks it meant that you were thirsty and to open the "store" right away. I had gauged your pace, (remember, I was always a little behind you) and with my phrasing, "good luck, buddy" it told him that he had 13 minutes to open shop and move my team around. Chris, you were never in any danger, I swear, but didn't you notice that the girl shop-keeper was just getting ready to close at six o'clock? And that her shop was immaculate, and she was pretending to sweep? I gave her hell that night for that one. "throw something on the floor to sweep up" We had a tough time covering you, Chris, because you like to run around alot and then you just stand still for too long. Gotta go

harrie
09-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Bill, thanks for letting us know! Will sure miss you and can't wait for your return!!
If by chance you get the chance, drop on in for a line or two, but if no can, no can, and we understand.
Take care, God Bless, and be safe.
Muchas Alohas,
BGHarrieCanarie

PinkGirl
09-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Hurry back Bill.
You're going Northeast ... getting closer to Canada.

Gerri
09-26-2008, 08:12 AM
PinkGirl, I was wondering where you were lately. After Bill’s post I thought you were probably meeting up with him (maybe to help him break Grandma out of jail) and here you are….Hmm…Now, I’m thinking that you really are in on this clandestine adventure and your response to Bill is to throw everyone off – don’t worry, I won’t tell a soul. Lee is probably staying behind just to keep our minds off of the “mission” until we hear from Bill that he is back in Virginia. November 1, is a long way off. You must be planning something really tricky and will have to infiltrate the enemy ranks….Too much “24”? Maybe….

Bill, we’ll miss you. Be careful out there - both of you.

chrisy
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok Bill,

This avatar is much less scary. The one that had me nervous was the one with you and the gun.
After leaving Richmond I went to DC and went to the Spy museum to brush up on my spycraft. I didn't notice about the shop floor...maybe I was too dehydrated:)

You crack me up!

sassy
09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Bill,

Remember to always look over your shoulder---inconspicuously.

Miss ya!

Sassafras

Sheila
09-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Bill....are you sure you don't work for the same company I used to work for...always sending you to "clandestined areas" all for the sake "of the job".....it sounds to me like you are on your way to Canada with a spray cheese cartel.......be safe Bill

DanaRT
09-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Good luck, Bill, on your new adventure. Wishing you well and hope to "hear" from you again soon.

juanita
09-27-2008, 05:13 PM
good luck bill. be safe.

swimangel72
09-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the update Bill - happy trails - report back to us soon!

Jackie07
09-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Bill,

Be careful - it's scary out there! :)

(Back in summer, 1986 I was standing in front of Central Park in the Big Apple 'studying' its legend. One passers-by told me to "move on, do not let people know you are a stranger here." A week later, I walked by a subway station after midnight - just had to watch the metropolitan opera show while there - and several 'guys' were inside the closed gate and urged me to jump over. Luckily I had sense enough to keep walking.)

We'll be ready for your 'mission accomplished' report in November.

SoCalGal
09-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I wish I had "people" who told me things...tell your people to give you a laptop with wireless access. Alright-I get it-you'll be back soon. We'll be waitin'. Good luck! xo Flori

Colleens_Husband
09-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Bill:

I hope you enjoy the Eastern Seaboard. Just a few tips to help you out, first, calling someone a Yankee is a compliment, unless the Bronx Bombers are having a bad year. That one fingered wave that they give you is just their way of saying "Howdy". Avoid telling people you are new in town and have lots of money, they may think it's pretentious.

Good Luck Bill

schoolteacher
09-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Bill,

I hope you have a safe trip and return to us soon.

Amelia

juanita
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
you better return to us safe because you still haven't finished that caving story!

Becky
09-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Work hard, be safe and have fun

Bill
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi gang! I'm back on the grid for a few. I missed y'all while I was away. I had to shoot a copperhead while I was gone, but other than that, it was smooth sailing.