PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow passing away

MCS
07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes . he did not have breast cancer and maybe he was not up to your liking in politics

But he held up to his job and lived couragiously in front of everyone with cancer and that's a lot. It was never the subject of his appearances on tv after he left the press sec job.

Our thoughts and prayers for his family

maria

Gerri
07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Maria,

I agree, it is always sad when cancer takes another one of us away. May God be with his family and friends.

Chelee
07-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Maria, Tony Snow was such a great man. I personally loved this guy. He was such an honest and genuine person...also a true family man. He always had a smile on his face even while battling his cancer. He will truly be missed by so many. The news of his passing really saddened me today. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Chelee

Bill
07-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Politics aside, anyone could tell, just from the tone of his voice that he was a nice guy. Another sad day in this horrible cancer war. I will pray for him and family.

CindyE
07-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Very sad news indeed. This beast touches so many lives with it deadly wake.

AbbyDawg
07-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers too for Tony's family ... and regardless of politics, he lived a life of love and made strangers feel like family.

A wonderful Gentle Man who lived and fought with dignity and grace ... and HE WON! Cancer did not "get" him.

Jackie07
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
I noticed on the news reel how his hair color changed. It was very, very gray at the end. I wonder if it was caused by the treatment, or he had quit dying his hair.
I am raising the question because there's been discussion about the link of certain cancer and hair dye - supposedly only the black hair dye that has had any correlation.

Very sorry for losing such a graceful fighter.

hutchibk
07-13-2008, 12:40 AM
I loved Tony Snow for many years... one of my favorite political journalists. He was just so genuine and you could tell what kind of man he was. I was heartbroken to wake up to this news this morning. But I heard a passing comment about 4-5 weeks ago on a radio talk show that he was not doing well, so despite my sincerest hopes, I guess I was not surprised at the news. My heart goes out to his family and colleagues. God needed an angel, and I am sure he will have a very profound angelic purpose.

chrisy
07-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Profound angelic purpose....I like that, Brenda.

I also saw some stories on him, and noted the hair changes - but I think it was actually just age! I also was a fan of his. He always treated everyone with respect and with good humor. Too few of his kind around these days.

G. Ann
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
It is a sad day in the battle against cancer. In public Tony Snow fought his battle with grace and dignity as previously mentioned. His colleagues say he was an inspiration. I heard a clip from him stating he considered all of it a blessing. Since his mother died of colon cancer when he was 17, I'm sure it was difficult for him to know how hard his passing would affect his children and wife.